The Love was Always There

Reader Pov:

When the last of our customers finally left, Annie locked the doors behind them, turning the sign around from open to closed while pulling the blind down, I set down at a the tables taking off one of my shoes, rubbing my sore foot, after Annie locked up for the night, she came over to the table where I was sitting with drinks for us.

"What a day," Annie stated as she set down opposite me, placing a cup in front of me.

"Thanks," I smile a thankful smile at her, I watch Annie closely as she drinks her tea, she looks tired, she really shouldn't be working in her condition, God I could kill that no good husband of her, I didn't want to abandon Annie, like her husband had abandon her, if I did decide to give Farah a second chance and return to Alfea, I would need to know that Annie would be alright and she had help in the cafe.

My heart felt torn between Annie and Farah, it's strange to think that all week, my heart has been broken and in pain over Farah, now that she is here asking for a second chance, asking me to come home, and though a part of me was screaming to say yes, another part of me was screaming no, as I still have my doubts as to whether give Farah another chance or not.

"I feel like I owe you an apology," Annie says out of the blue.

"An Apology for what?" I asked, wondering what she could possibly had to apologise for.

"For interrupting earlier on what seemed like a very private moment," Annie tells me in away that lets me know she wants details.

"You already apologised," I remind her without giving her any details, we sit in silence drinking our drinks, I was enjoying the peace and quiet after a very long and busy day, not to mention an emotional day, however I didn't think Annie was enjoying the peace and quiet, I got the feeling she was waiting for me to fill her in with what happened between Farah and me.

"Are you going to tell me what happened between you and Miss Dowling?" I guess Annie was done waiting for me to offer up any information about what happened between me and Farah freely, of course I was going to tell her I just needed a moment to organise my thoughts, unfortunately I knew Annie and knew just how impatient she could be at times.

"She wants me to give her a second chance," I simply tell Annie thinking back to the moment where Farah was lying on my bed, with me stroking her hair, telling each other I love you as we shared a smile, making my heart jump as it came back to life as the only feeling my heart has felt this past week was pain.

"I worked that out for myself, because if she didn't want a second chance, she wouldn't have come all this way and especially on a weekday, she clearly loves you," Annie pointed out to me.

"What do you mean?"  I asked not following her line of thought.

"In all my time at Alfea, I have never known that woman to take a day off, I don't even think the woman has taken a holiday, so for her to take a whole day off just to come here to see you, is huge," Annie says like it was the most obvious thing in the six realms.

"I guess that's true," I reply biting my lower lip in thought, "Plus tomorrow is Saturday and it's her Saturday to work, so she would most likely want to go back tonight and will want me to go with her, but I cannot leave you, you need me," I tell Annie thinking Farah may of taken one day off for me, but she would never take two days off for me, no matter how much she loves me.

"Oh no, don't use me as an excuse not to give Miss Dowling another chance, yes, I need the help, I won't deny that all I ask is that you stay to help me for a little longer, until I find someone else who can help me, I'm sure Miss Dowling wouldn't mind you staying a little longer to help me," Annie was right of course.