Chapter 0 - INTRODUCTION

Song of the Chapter - Northern Attitude by Noah Kahan & Hozier

In this old realm going through one of the coldest winters of the last thousand years, all was normal for the residents of the town Dostiante. As well as being a conservative town, Dostiante was known to be the City of Seers.

There was a heavy snowfall for the last three weeks and the fallen snow, covering the city as a white blanket, made incredible views. Man made and natural was blended together and had revealed themselves perfectly. People, as they were every winter, were yawning and slumbering due the heat and the relaxing smell of the sour and hard shelled bread baking on the stove.

However, things were not going so well in the most important building in the town. The headquarters of the Seer Legion, known as the Prophet's very own family, her helpers, was going through a hard day. Well, for many the most normal day of the Seers would be considered weird but this was different. Today, a huge prophecy came out of the Prophet's lips and took its place on the pages of history, waiting to happen. King Jonathan Earlong's family and some other important people of the kingdom had witnessed it.

In the room with a high dome, filled with thick rugs and carpets, everyone was basically frozen. No other sounds but the giant fireplace and wind blowing with all its power outside could be heard.

The beginning time of the prophecy was known. End of winter. No one could shake off what they'd heard. Yes, the Prophet would tell bad prophecies in the past too but nothing like this was present even in the sixteen big prophecies. Although, now, there were seventeen.

Everyone was silent and thoughtful. Noone had spoken in minutes, only the king and some royals sent mortified looks to one antoher. Prophet, as always, was mute and sat with her eyes closed. There were many rumors about the Prophet's eyes. Most were known to be baseless but the truth, however, remained a mystery.

The writer Seer, was just finished writing the prophecy. She had a look in her face that could be interpreted as odd, even for a Seer. A voice in his head told the king that the Seers knew more about this but this was no time to inquire. Not when everyone was here. Yes, he trusted Helen. The Joelbell's were harmless enough too. But the servants who were catering every now and again, old maniac Holaroder who dedicated his life to history and the Tridden family who were never famous for their loyalty were risks. There were also Auron, Vuatreal's representative and Kallate Faeer, the representative of the Free People. This was not the place at all.

The shaking hands of the writer Seer finally left the recherche pen made from bird feather on the small and short Table of Destiny and her eyes shot the king a hard look. "The prophecy has ended, your majesty," she announced. The Seer's blue eyes were so deep that one could get lost in them. It was clear she'd been through a lot but noone could know how old a Seer was. You could not physically age after you became a Seer. There were new Seers among them but it was impossible to guess their age by looking at their faces.

King Jonathan stood up, although it was very hard for him. His legs, like his hands, were shaking. Young prince Alexander stood up and helped his father. Everyone else followed the king but noone seemed to know what they were doing, it was as if they were in a different world. The prince bent down a bit to leave a package in front of the writer Seer. "A gift from the palace, my lady," said prince Alexander. He was also mortified by the prophecy but he seemed to be one of the least effected. After all, he never saw a big prophecy occur and since he was young he didn't seem to care as much.

The Seer smiled a little. It was the kind of a smile you could not recognize unless you were looking close. Maybe she forgot to smile because she hadn't had a reason to smile for a long time, who knows? "Thank you, my boy."

The prince reciprocated the smile politely. As he was about to stand upright to go with his father, he felt a pair of icy hands on the collar of his white, stainless shirt. The Prophet was looking at him, with her eyes wide open, if you could say that. There were empty darkness where her eyes should be.
Alexander was overly frightened but not to be disrespectful he said nothing, just gulped. This movement already almost made him fall because he was bent down but he could keep his balance because he'd been through a quality royal training. The hoarse voice he heard after was the precursor to a new prophecy.
"Birth of spring, cry of sky, eagle flies, prince dies.
His deals will bring the fall, the betrayal bleeds more.
Lies lie down the road, in his heart the knife is cold.
Child's play, my dear, you're the one who should fear.
Hope is gone from all, savior is yet to roam.
Hail the eagle, follow the stock, she will be the end all be all."
After the Prophet quickly finished what she was going to say, she stopped holding the prince's collar, immediately closed her eyes and went back to her usual position. Like nothing happened, like she didn't ruin the future of the young man in front of her with her words. The prophecy about him obviously petrified the prince but still he could stand up straight and go near his father while feeling the weight of the words on his shoulders.

After the writer Seer noted this prophecy while shaking her head hopelessly, she took the this and the paper that the other prophecy was written and placed it to the last two empty leather pouches of the eighteen on the wall. "The eighteenth big prophecy," she said. Her voice was shaking but she turned around and continued. "Big prophecies are complete. The end is near."