Chapter III

You wake up as your alarm goes off and you hit it. Man you were dreaming about the mora you were about to get from his ass..

You get up and get to the kitchen, making Conch Madeleine for breakfast. Your comfort food has always been Conch Madeleine, since well.. you are from fontaine.

You leave 2 on the table in case Zandik decides to eat today as you leave for work.

You started your morning shift, greeting Nayyab a few hours later. You're tempted to just sleep in your office till someone needed you.. just as you were about to close your eyes the fire alarm goes off.

You kick down the door, and mutter under your breath. "What in the name of focalors.."

You can only see her spray the fire extinguisher at the stove in panic, as you sigh and rub your temples. The cafe was crowded with smoke as you rushed out, fuck it who cares about that damn intern.

You come out coughing, and panting. A few seconds later that intern comes out in a rush. "You're fired!" you say to her, trying to hide your panic.

You sigh, Damn now I'll have to go get the owner.. you thought to yourself as you stomp my way to Northland bank. You've never met the owner before, only exchanging letters regarding the cafe.

You open the door quietly as you walk in, the liyue-sumeru styled building really caught your eye. Who knew it could blend so well,

Your eyes land on a figure in the corner, long blue tinted black hair, fluffy collared jacket. You greet her "Excuse me miss, do you happen to know the owner of Puspa cafe?"

The miss let out a deep chuckle and turn to you, this isn't a miss.. your eyes wide. In embarrassment and apologise profusely as your cheeks tint red.

"Ah yes that would be me, and it's quite alright." His face seems to be in this permanent nice calm mode. Wearing expensive jewellery all around, even his glasses have those dangly shiny things. Damn i didn't know cafes pay so much.

You straighten out your throat, and reach out your hand. "Ah,.. nice to meet you sir! I'm Y/N L/N" He shakes your hand, his smile never leaving his face "I've heard about Ms. L/N. I must say your work is quite impressive, You've dealt with sumeru's dying economy well."

A light blush tints your face as you smile up at him "Always happy to help, Mr...?"

"Pantalone," He replies, letting go of your hand in one of the sitting areas, tapping lightly on the spot next to him, hinting for you to sit down with him "Is there anything I can help you with Ms. L/N?" Your eyes drop down to the floor as you remember what happened, Really charmed you to the point you forgot the.. incident..

You sit down beside him and smile sheepishly "Ah yes about that.." you mutter, laughing nervously "There happens to be a little accident.." Pantalone tilts his head slightly in confusion.

"So our new.. intern.. kinda burnt down the cafe..." You look away, sweat dripping from your forehead.

His eyes opened, and widening at that. He rubs his temples, murmuring something incoherent. "What.. happened" he sighs, looking at you worrily.

You shrug, "I was minding my business in the office, I had a lot of paperwork I had to do. Just as i finished and.. took a break, the fire alarm went off" you lied, lol.

He chuckles and asks "What paperwork, hm?" Trying to hide your nervousness, you clear your throat and reply confidently "The financial aid we got from the sumeru government and... personal documents" Okay the financial aid is true but, we didn't have to do much except read over and sign.

He can only sigh and sit down on a chair, crossing his legs. "Oh no, this can't do," he shakes his head. "You're my best employee, but I might need to let you go for around a month. I'll contact you after that, or as soon as this incident is taken care of."

Your eyes widen, "I-I'm getting.. fired..?" ..Seriously? That wasn't even my fault! You thought to yourself.

"Take it as a little vacation," he takes his cup and sips from it. "Now I need to take care of some stuff. Have a good day Ms. L/N" He gets up and walks away, to the stairs, disappearing in the shadows.

You legs grow weak as you slide to the ground, the receptionist side eye-ing you under her mask.

𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞, 𝐙𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐤 || Akademiya Il Dottoreजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें