CHAPTER 2

Jimin sat on his kitchen island drinking some water. He felt extremely tired from all the activities of the day. They were doing some dance practices the previous day when Namjoon had been pulled out of the dance studio by their manager. A few minutes later, their strong group leader had walked back into the studio in literal tears. They were quick to go to him and embrace him as he mumbled that Jeon Ju-won was dead. The sudden news had sent them in shock.

Jimin shuddered as he remembered how he felt at that moment. Mr. Jeon was a kind man. They had met when he was auditioning to be an idol. Back then he had no idea he would even be able to pass but Mr. Jeon had asked him if he would like to train to be in a boyband. He had not thought twice about it. Looking back, that was the best decision he ever made. Mr. Jeon, his mentor, had introduced him to his second family.

His heart felt heavy for Namjoon and Jeongguk. He couldn't imagine losing his father with how close they were. He sighed and stood up from the high stool, ready to prepare some dinner when he heard his door keypad beeping. He walked over to the living room and waited for whoever was at the door.  He leaned against the couch and faced the entryway as the door opened. His sister walked in carrying some groceries. She removed her shoes and wore some house sleepers.

"Hey," Minjee greeted as she headed to the kitchen. She placed the groceries on the kitchen island and walked back to him. She wrapped her hands around his neck and he breathed in her perfume. "Are you okay? It must have been a tough day," She whispered as she kissed his temple.

"I'm okay, just tired. I want to cook dinner, just in case."
"That's why I'm here. Let me cook for you. Eomma and appa said they'll come tomorrow, eomma was held up today."
"Thank you, Jiji."

Minjee headed back to the kitchen and began removing the ingredients while placing them on the counter. Jimin wanted to help but his yeodongsaeng was adamant when she wanted to do something so he opted to sit back at the high stool and talk to her. They were close since they were kids and looked out for each other. Minjee was especially protective of Jimin since his twin died as their parents were. She feared her only remaining brother getting hurt. When he had told his parents about his audition, they had all moved from Busan to Seoul so that they could keep an eye on him. He loved his family more than anything and was grateful to have them.

"What are you making Jiji?"

"Both your favorites," Minjee said already taking out pots and some pork from the fridge.

"You don't have to do this, you know."

"I want to oppa. This is the least I can do for you." Jimin sighed and decided to let it go.

"How was work?" Minjee worked as an operations manager at Swift Wings Air, a private jet company owned by their grandparents.

"Hectic as usual but I can manage. One of our pilots is on sick leave so I'm actively searching for his replacement."

"Isn't H.R. supposed to deal with that?"

"They are but you know how Grandpa is. He is one of the best pilots and the one who flies with Grandpa or you so he wants only the best to substitute." She cut some onions on the chopping board

"But-"

"I can handle it oppa, you don't need to worry. And don't call Grandpa to tell him about it." Minjee said as she put oil in a pan and began cooking.

"Fine. If he overworks you again tell me, and I will scold him for you." Jimin said with a cute pout which made Minjee laugh.

"You will scold Grandpa? You?"

"Of course. Why, do you think I cannot?" Minjee laughed again.

"All Grandpa has to do is promise to sponsor a trip for you and your band and you fold like a puppy. He spoiled you too much,"