CHAPTER 4

Dinner was a quiet affair in Jimin and Jeongguk's place that evening. Normally, when they were all together, there were hearty conversations to be shared but that evening was not one of them. The mood was somber and everyone kept glancing worriedly at Jeongguk who kept pushing his food around the plate. Jimin kept trying to feed him as much as he could. Something had triggered Jeongguk earlier in the afternoon which made him have an anxiety attack before he passed out in the hall. They had tried to coax him to tell them but Jeongguk had insisted it was nothing.

With dinner done, they went to the living room as the staff cleared the dining table. Jimin and Jeongguk sat on one couch as the rest of the family occupied other couches. Sujin kept observing both of them. As a mother, she felt extremely concerned. Jeongguk's loss was hitting both of them hard and she had no idea how to help.

"Do you want to rest upstairs baby?" She heard Jimin ask Jeongguk softly to which Jeongguk just shook his head. Jimin sighed and his shoulders fell. She could tell Jimin was really desperate for Jeongguk to say something. As if he could sense Jimin's turmoil, Jeongguk leaned his head on Jimin's shoulder making Jimin's tension dissipate. Sujin was amazed at how both of them had an amazing understanding of each other. She had witnessed it on various occasions and was glad they had each other.

"After tomorrow, I think I will need all of your support. I don't think I can do this alone." Jeongguk finally spoke.

"You have us in anything you want Gguk. We are your family still." Seo-Jun told him.

"There is nothing that can stop us from supporting you, albeit secretly." Lee Bon-hwa, Jimin's grandfather said. Jeongguk had no idea what her entire family was willing to do for him. How far they were willing to go to ensure he and Jimin were safe and happy. She looked at the oblivious couple who were looking content in each other's arms. She turned to look at her husband, then her parents and daughter. They nodded to each other slightly, once again agreeing that their happiness mattered most.

"We are going to turn in for the night," Sujin's mother, Garam said as she stood up with her husband.

"I'll go with you guys," Minjee said also standing up. Minjee lived two floors down and their grandparents would be spending the night there. They wished each other a good night and left.

"Do both of you need anything before the staff head out?"

"Nothing Eomma," Jimin said finally looking at his mother. "Actually can you have Iseul pick up Jeongguk's suit from his apartment tomorrow?"

"We already spoke. She'll drop it here in the morning."

"Sometimes I feel like Iseul is more your assistant than mine, mama," Jeongguk said with no bite in his words. He was amused. Seo-jun and Sujin laughed at that.

"She is all yours Jeonggukie, I am not going to steal her. She is someone who does most of the work to ensure your privacy so she earned points in my book."

"And you know nobody does that easily," Seo-Jun added.

"But I did," Jeongguk said with a defiant pout. This time Jimin was the one who laughed hard doubling over on Jeongguk's chest.

"You sure did, you sneaky bunny." Sujin smiled fondly. She still remembers the day her son had called her when he was still touring the US. Jimin's voice was shaky as he greeted her which prompted her to ask him for a video call. She was worried something had happened to him while he was away. When she had seen him, her heart had dropped to see him so worried with frown lines on his forehead.

"I think I am in love Eomma." Those were the first words Jimin had told her rendering her speechless. She had been elated. Her son had told her about such a huge thing considering how he kept his romance life private. Jimin had later explained that he was worried about how they would take the news that he was gay. Yes, Jeongguk had won her heart way before she even got to meet him. Jimin was glowing in happiness as he described Jeongguk to her. "I am his hyung but he takes care of me Eomma. He is so kind and it feels like I am looking at my entire world when I look into his eyes. You'll really love him."

Sujin smiled as her husband patted her hand. Jeongguk was a blessing to their family. They had met him when they dropped at Jimin's house for a visit almost three months after they had officially started dating. Though unexpected, Sujin would not change how she first got to meet Jeongguk. They had found them in the living room as Jeongguk was massaging Jimin's shoulders while scolding him softly to take care of himself. They had stopped short to watch them and tears had gathered in Sujin's eyes as she witnessed just how much her son was loved. Sujin swore at that moment that she would not let anything harm their relationship.

The day that followed, Sujin had requested a meeting with Jeon Ju-won. As much as her husband tried to stop her, she insisted that Ju-won had to know so that he could ensure on his side they were safe.

"Mrs. Park, how can I help you? Is there any problem?"

"Not at all. Sorry, I booked an appointment last minute but I needed to talk to you about our sons."

"Is something wrong with Jimin and Namjoon? Their schedules aren't as hectic now." Ju-won asked still not sure why they were having a meeting.

"Not Namjoon. I am here for Jimin and Jeongguk. This may come as a shock to you but I believe you should know about it so that we can help each other keep them safe."

"Are they in trouble?"

"They are dating," Sujin said. Ju-won had not even been shocked by the news which made her tilt her head.

"Oh, I know. Jeongguk isn't as sleek as he thinks he is. I have tried to make sure his whereabouts are unknown but that boy tests me." They laughed at that and soon the conversation became lighthearted. They made plans to increase their security more. They even planned to have dinner at the Park mansion over the weekend to discuss in detail about their kids.

Jimin and Jeongguk had no idea to this day that they had elite bodyguards who were always watching them, their shadows. Sujin would never change that for anything.

"We should head upstairs now. They also need some time alone." Seo-jun whispered to her.

"You are right, yeobo." She turned to her sons, "We'll head to our room now. Don't stay up too late." They wished them good night and headed upstairs. Sujin turned to look at the boys as she was on the last stair and smiled as she saw them lie and cuddle on the couch.

"See? They were dying to do that." Seo-jun nudged her shoulder.

"I am glad they have each other just like us," Sujin told her husband as they entered their bedroom. "I hope they will always be this strong no matter what life throws at them."

"We will always be there to guide them. We need to step up more for Jeongguk from now on."

"Yes." They got silent for a minute as they changed into their sleepwear and got in bed. "Something has been nagging my mind for a while." She said turning to her husband.

"What is it?"

"Why did Ju-won never tell Ara about Jeongguk's relationship? She is his wife but he never even brought her to the dinners we had."

"Mmh, I am not sure but he always mentioned that his sons are the most important people in his life and all he wished was their safety and happiness whenever he came to lunch at the restaurant. I don't know why he kept telling me that."

"Maybe we will know soon. I honestly hope she is not a threat to any of the boys." Seo-jun flicked her forehead with minimal pressure, "Yah!"

"Don't let your thoughts run wild jagiya. All the boys are safe." Seo-jun kissed her forehead and smiled as his wife's cheeks turned pink. "Go to sleep now, I love you."

"I love you too."