The Escape: Now Or Never

The sun was shining  brightly on the endless desert as the boy dragged himself across the hot sand. His clothes were tattered and his bare feet were blistered from the scorching ground. He had been running for what seemed like hours, and his throat was dry from thirst. But he couldn't stop, he couldn't let his captives catch him again.

He didn't had a name,he never had one or atleast,he didn't remember having one.

As he stumbled forward, he couldn't help but think back to how he ended up in this desolate place. It all started with the war.

Boy (muttering to himself): The war...it ruined everything.

His mind raced and the flashbacks of his past came running like nightmare,
The horrors and chaos,
His family,
His city,
His people
All getting destroyed in the war.

Boy : My family, my home, everything was gone in an instant.

The boy was captured by soldiers, who forced him to work. They were cruel and violent towards him.

******************The fate of war prisoners was either one of these ;

If you're lucky, you'll Getting beheaded at an instant

Otherwise,

You are taken in as a slave for the rest of your life.Obey the lords without any questions just to survive.

_________________________________________

The little boy has bruises and cuts all over his body, evidence of the beatings and whippings he has endured.

Boy : They didn't care that I was just a kid. They treated me like an animal, making me work day and night.
_________________________________________

[Present day,
Back to the boy in the desert.]

He continues to stumble forward, but then collapses on the ground, exhausted.

Boy (struggling to speak): I can't...I can't go on.

Just when he thought all hope was lost, he saw something in the distance. A small oasis, with a few palm trees and a pool of water. He forced himself to his feet and stumbled towards it.

As he reached the oasis, he collapsed by the water, taking deep gulps of it. But as he was drinking, suddenly, he heard footsteps approaching. He quickly wiped away his tears and tried to compose himself,and looked back,all alert.
He could see a tall, burly man lunging towards him.

The boy, his whole body shivered.

This man was the overseer of the slaves and was known for his cruel and merciless ways.

The boy's heart sank. He had been planning to escape for weeks now, but the fear of being caught and punished had always held him back. But now, he couldn't take it anymore. It was already hard for him to escape that he'll,and now this...

Man (grabbing the boy by his shirt): Gotcha, you little rat!

The boy shivered in fear,tears running down his cheeks. He then had a sudden flashback of the past few merciless nights he spent in the slave chambers

[[The Flashback-

Man- 'What are you doing sitting here, little mutts?

'Get to work!!' the Man barked.

The man smirked and talked to the other overseer in a voice loud enough to be heard by the boys.

He said: 'I heard a boy tried to escape yesterday. Hah! Foolish idiot!
'He got caught and was whipped until he passed out. He might have broken a limb or two.', the overseer said with a smirk eyeing the boys,as if asserting dominance and warning the consequences if they ever stepped outside. His cold eyes, giving death stare and if challenging them to try and run away. ]]
_________________________________________

Returning back to the present,
[The boy in the desert]

The boy gulped in fear as soon as he saw the giant figure lunging towards him. If he gets caught his chance to escape again would be zero to null.

It was now or never.

The boy's fear turned into anger, and he fought back with all the strength he had left.
After struggling, he managed to break free and run away once again.

Boy (shouting):  I won't let you take me back! I won't let you destroy me!

The boy continued to run, not looking back until he was sure he was safe. He had escaped once again, and this time, he wouldn't stop until he found a place he could call home.

As the sun began to set on the desert, the boy kept running, with a determination to survive and start a new life. And as he ran, he knew that this was just the beginning of his journey to heal from the scars of war.

_________________________________________

A/N: Do you think wars could be avoided? And,who suffers the most during such adversities?
Who is benefitted the most? The people or the so-called leaders?