Shamrock Féile ☘️

Shamrock Féile is a religious and cultural festival in the Revert Side of Destin held on the 17th of March (Saint Patrick's Day) to celebrate the good deeds done by the Irish patron saint, Patrick. It is a widely popular event for those who follow the Holy Church and celebrates the heritage and culture of the Irish in general. Celebration festivities generally involve public parades and festivals, céilithe, and the wearing of green attire or shamrocks clovers which Saint Patrick used as a metaphor for the Christian Holy Trinity (God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit). This special holiday lifts Lenten restrictions on eating and drinking alcohol, which in turn has encouraged and propagated the holiday's tradition of alcohol consumption; most popular drinks would be Guinness, Irish Coffee, and Nutty Irishman. Other famous Irish dishes can be bought in food stalls during Shamrock festivities are Shepherd's Pie, Smoked Salmon, Soda Bread, Ulster Fry, Colcannon Mash and Champ, Boxty, Irish Stew, Barmbrack, and Black Pudding.

Leprechauns are often associated by many people in today's culture with Saint Patrick's Day and because they both trace their historical connections to Ireland. This tradition is tied to folklore that says wearing green makes you invisible to leprechauns who were originally garbed in red clothing, in which like to pinch anyone they could see. Others also say sporting green will bring good luck or wear it to honor their Irish ancestry. Gnomes are also a popular Fairy species among those who celebrate Shamrock Féile, cause folklore says gnomes bring good luck to large families. Perhaps the most beloved festivity celebrated during the special event is the 'Search for the Four-Leaf clover'.

It is a scavenger hunt set up by the Fairies who reside in Ireland, in hopes to discover a person of pure heart and endless devotion to find the rare four-leaf clover that represents hope, faith, love and luck. This rare clover will also grant the one who finds it the power to see fairies and strengthen their connection to the Holy Trinity. According to legend, Druid priests would use theses four-leaf clovers for healing rituals and to ward off evil spirits. Four-leaf clovers are also used to help one find their true love, which is why some will tie the clover to their shoes, believing their steps will lead them to their soulmates. Once the lucky winner has found the clover, he or she will be applauded by the fairies and guided to Saint Patrick's grave where a beautiful rainbow will bridge from their destination to a small island with a beautiful meadow filled with Irish flowers and a hefty pot of gold coins to share with friends and family.