Akutagawa x reader ♡ Corpse bride au

DISCLAIMER!!! I obviously do not own the corpse bride but I hope you all enjoy. ~<3

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

No matter how much I try, I simply cannot remember my wedding vows. My fiance is simply a natural at reciting vows, but I on the other hand, have an atrocious memory and even if I miraculously remember them, I somehow mess up... So in an attempt to learn them, I go to the forest to clear my mind and try to memorise them.

"With this hand I will- Ah! No good. With this candle will I? No!" I sigh, messing up yet again. I give myself a shake and try one last time. "With this hand I will lift your sorrows, your cup will never empty for I will be your wine," I finally manage to say it and decide to continue, "With this ring... I ask you to be mine." 

I place the ring on a tree branch but then, it reaches out and grabs me! Some half dead zombie like man emerges from the ground. He's quite tall and has dark hair and eyes, he is quite attractive other than the fact it looks like he's decomposing and almost rotting away. "I do," the man replies with an almost monotone voice.

I stand there in pure shock as he simply just holds onto my wrist. With the shock of this whole bizarre scenario, I begin to feel dizzy and the last thing I remember is the strange man kissing me.

When I awaken, I'm surrounded by many more dead beings and it appears as if I'm in some sort of bar. There are skeletons, zombies and other corpse like creatures singing and drinking all around. The man reaches out to feel my forehead with his boney, cold hands, "Are you alright, dear?" He asks. I nod feeling quite confused, "Uhm, who are you and why am I here?" I ask.

He smiles slightly, "Oh, I am your husband, Akutagawa and you're in the land of the dead." My what? My husband!? Since when? Land of the dead? Whatever does he mean by that? I must be dreaming, I shake my head, "Husband? Land of the dead? What?" I question.

"Yes, husband. You asked for my hand in marriage, put the ring on my finger and then we kissed. Does that not mean we're married?" He questions. "Also the land of the dead is where you go once you die, I thought that would be quite obvious to you given by the title but, whatever," he closes his eyes and shrugs. "Oh! I'm sorry, those were meant for my fiance, not you!" I reply awkwardly, trying my best to avoid eye contact with my now "husband".

"Oh well, we're still married now nonetheless and now you shall stay here forever, you can't go back now, " he replies with a shrug.

I stay silent for a moment until some strange music begins to play and a skeleton begins... singing? "You see, Akutagawa was meant to marry this lovely, young lady but she was leading him on and was seeing some other man. They planned to elope together and one night, he ventured out into the night to the place where they were meant to meet to elope together but her side man came and...!" The music stops and the skeleton stops singing and whispers, "I think you know what happened next." Despite the sad story of the song, it was kind of a vibe, not going to lie.

I look over at Akutagawa and he seems quite upset but then the skeleton man continues, "But, he promised himself that he would find the one he'll marry; whether in life or death." Akutagawa then gives me a slight smile.

I stand up and brush myself down, "I uh- need some air," I stumble out the door and find a bench to sit on. I sit down and put my head in my hands; what have I gotten myself into? 

"My love~" I hear a voice call out along with footsteps approaching. I then see Akutagawa walk up beside the bench and his face lights up as our eyes meet, "My love!" He sits down beside me and takes my hand in his, his boney fingers wrapping around my hand.

"I missed you! Do not fret, we shall never have to part again! I have a nice house, nice clothes for you and many, many other pleasant things for you, my dear." He says, rubbing my hand with his thumb and kisses my cheek.

I decide to attempt to explain my situation to him in hopes he will hear me out, "Uh, Akutagawa?" I begin. "Yes, my dear?" He answers while tilting his head. "I know I've already told you this before, but those vows and that ring were meant for my fiance, not you. It's nothing against you, I promise! It's just I love him, you know?" I mutter.

His face remains unchanging. He still looks at me with love but still in a dreary manner, "Oh, love, we've been over this! You're married to me, not this other man you speak of! He is of no importance in our marriage, we both know I am far superior to that silly man! I may be dead and I may be decaying but I can guarantee I still look better than that simpleton, he is simply a nuisance," he states.

I don't think he'll listen no matter what I say. You know, it might not be as bad as I once thought. Yes, he is a corpse but he's still quite attractive and he's quite sweet once you get over how odd he is. I don't even know how to get back to the land of the living so until I figure out how to do so, I might as well just accept my fate and stay in the land of the dead. Its not so bad, it is quite amusing how they always burst into song and how kind Akutagawa has been to me.

I sigh and put my head on his shoulder as he rubs my back, "I guess I could stay... well for now anyway."

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Hi, I hope you enjoyed! I know it was quite short and kind of bad but ah well. Also if you have any requests please let me know on the introduction chapter. Thank you, have a nice day! ♡