Introduction

Third Person:
In the heart of a city cloaked in shadows, two powerful families cast long, looming shadows of their own: the Lockhearts and the Sentinels. Both names were whispered with equal parts fear and reverence in the dark alleys and smoky back rooms of the criminal underworld. But behind the facade of strength lurked a festering fear - a fear that the fragile peace between them would crumble, plunging them into a war that could only end in mutual destruction.
To stave off this looming catastrophe, a precarious alliance was formed through marriage. Circe Lockheart, a tempestuous beauty with fire in her soul, was bound in matrimony to Benedict Sentinel, a stoic figure with a heart heavy with duty. Their union was not one born of love, but of necessity - a fragile thread holding together the fragile peace between their families.
Though Benedict harbored hopes of kindling a flame of affection in his heart for Circe, she bore no such illusions. To her, their marriage was a shackle, a cruel imposition upon her freedom. With bitterness festering in her heart like a poison, she vowed to tear down everything that bound her, even if it meant igniting the very war they all feared.
In a cruel twist of fate, Circe succumbed to her desires and betrayed Benedict with Erebus Coldwell, a scion of her own bloodline. The revelation shattered Benedict's world, for in the brief time they were married, he had dared to hope for love. Filled with pain and betrayal, he made the agonizing decision to divorce Circe, hoping it would bring her happiness and grant him solace.
But Circe, fueled by her own selfish desires, wasted no time in marrying Erebus, showing no remorse for her actions. Benedict, broken and adrift, sought solace in the arms of Ophelia, a woman whose love enveloped him like a warm embrace. Yet, even as Ophelia poured her heart into their relationship, she couldn't shake the feeling of being a mere consolation prize, forever haunted by the specter of Circe.
Meanwhile, Circe, consumed by jealousy and rage, couldn't bear the thought of Benedict finding happiness without her. Enraged by his newfound love, she declared war on the Sentinels, determined to make Benedict suffer and ensure he could never forget her.
Benedict, desperate to end the senseless bloodshed, pleaded with Circe to reconsider, to forge an alliance based on trust rather than marriage. But Circe's heart was as hardened as steel, and she pushed forward with her plans, unleashing hell upon the Sentinels
As the years passed, the once-proud Lockheart family met a tragic end, their demise wrought by Circe's blind rage and unchecked ambition. The morning dawned with the chilling realization that the bloodline of the Lockhearts had been extinguished, leaving behind naught but a legacy stained with the blood of their own kin.
In the wake of this devastation, Circe, consumed by grief and fueled by hatred, stood amidst the ruins of her family's legacy and uttered a chilling decree: the war between the Coldwells and the Sentinels would never, ever end. Her words hung heavy in the air, casting a shadow over the city and sealing the fate of generations to come.
With each passing year, the Coldwells descended further into the abyss of their own making, their hearts consumed by a hatred so profound it threatened to engulf them entirely. Fuelled by the memory of past wrongs and the desire for vengeance, their every action was driven by malice and spite. The legacy of their forebears was tainted by cruelty and evil, a dark inheritance passed down from one generation to the next.
Yet, amidst the darkness, a flicker of light remained. The Sentinels, unbowed by the weight of their enemies' hatred, continued to uphold their values of honor, integrity, and hard work. With each passing generation, they grew stronger in their resolve, their spirit unbroken by the trials they faced.
Despite the endless cycle of violence and bloodshed, the Sentinels never lost sight of what truly mattered. They held fast to their belief that nothing was more important or worth more than family. With each passing day, they clung to the hope that one day, the senseless war would come to an end, and peace would reign once more.
And so, as the years turned into decades, and the decades into centuries, the feud between the Coldwells and the Sentinels raged on, an endless cycle of hatred and violence passed down through the generations. But amidst the chaos and the carnage, the flame of hope continued to burn bright, a beacon of light in the darkness, guiding them towards a future where love, loyalty, and the enduring strength of family would ultimately triumph over all.