5 years later

*Casey*

5 years later.....

I  looked  at my house with tears in my eyes. The place  I  was proud to call home was lit up in flames. I  didn't want to believe  it at first but now I  was filled with dread. There really was someone after me. This fire was no accident. I  knew because I  didn't have anything flammable in the house. The previous owner had baby proofed it and when I  moved in, I  didn't change anything. So someone had deiiberateiy set fire to my house. Thismarked the 4th attempt on my life in the past 6 weeks.
I  felt my bodyguards move in to stand close  to me. At first I  had been angry with me father for assigning them when there was a shootout at a cafe I  had been at. I  had just considered it a coincidence and nothing more. But my father had freaked out and boom, the 24/7 security was back in my life. The next was when my brakes failed. I  was iucky I  wasn't speeding and managed to jump out of the car before I  had an accident. The third attempt was when someone tried to run me over. luckily, one of my guards pulled  me to safety in time.
Now I  was forced to acknowledge what I  had been trying to ignore. They knew I  witnessed everything and wanted me gone.
I  felt  my knees give in and fell to the ground. The firefighters and medics were running around trying to stop the fire or save someone's life I  wasn't sure.
I  saw my dad's cars pull up and then he was coming to me. I  got up and threw myself  in his arms.
"They want to kill me daddy...." I  sobbed in his arms and he just hugged me. Then he was leading me to the safety of his cars.
"That's enough. You are moving in with me. I  can't have you out there  all alone  and my rivals trying to kill you." He said once the doors were shut and the car was in motion.
His face was hard, meaning he was angry. He probably thought this was all politics reiated.
I  swallowed and looked  at him shaking my head.
  "It's not politics dad. Someone is trying to kill me for another reason."
His head jerked to my direction.  "What do you mean? Why would  someone try to kill you 4 times? I 'm sure you have no enemies that would  go that far. it has to be my rivals. They want me to drop out of the running. I  knew entering the presidential election...."
I  shook my head again.
"It's entireiy on me. You remember the news that had been making headlines weeks ago about 8 people  that were killed in a robbery gone wrong and the rape? And the recent news that police  have a criminal in custody and he's to stand trial  in 6 months or so?"
He nodded. Looking as if dread was  already filing his body.
"It wasn't a robbery. I  was there. They didn't see me when they came in. I  had gone with a colleague of mine to buy some things I  needed for work. I  left her at the counter and went to check out some shoes I  had seen. Then these men with guns came in looking angry. They were saying that the owner had played their boss on some deal or something. Then a man I  assumed to be the boss came in. He raped Sasha before leaving. You know how she dressed. They took the old man and the rest of the customers and some assistants were killed because they didn't want any loose ends. I  remained behind the rack of clothes till they left but they somehow know I  was there. I  didn't tell anyone about it, I  swear.... "
My dad looked like he could  faint at any moment as he looked  at me. I  knew it was a huge blow to him. All this time he thought it was his enemies targeting me. But my story actually made him realize that it was someone he didn't know how to deal with. . And  they had been so persistent on killing me. The murder I  witnessed was associated with one of the country's notorious criminal. A drug lord to be exact. And the investigation on the murders had found his  DNA on the dead girl he rapped. Not to mention all his other crimes that had caught up with him. He was to appear in court in 6 months. The story had caught the nation's attention since the state wanted him gone. Even had the highee-ups calling the shots. So I  knew from the news that all the witnesses that were to testify against him were dead. Of course nothing traced back to him but everyone knew that he was responsibie. With no witnesses, he can easiiy evade any harsh sentence. And he had the money and people  to do dirty jobs for him. Nothing could trace back to him uniests his people turned on him. Which never happened because they were loyal or afraid of him. The only  other people  to sell him out on his  business would  be any iiving victim or witnesses. So I  was another possible witness, of course Hunt would  want me dead. But I  still  didn't get it. I  wasn't listed as a witness against Hunt so how did he know about me......?.
"I  don't know how he found me dad. Who else would  want me dead thisb badly? You said it yourself, your rivals wouldn't stoop this low. And the last suspect is Hunt. He stands trial  soon and if I 'm a loose end, he would  want me erased....dad, I 'm scared. I  don't know how he found out but he really wants to kill me." I  began crying. The truth finally sinking in.
My life was in grave danger. Hunt was no ordinary criminal. He had killed dozens, trafficked dozens and managed to evade prison for years. So any danger to his freedom didn't stand a chance. I  didn't stand a chance. I  knew going to the police was no use. 1f they had falled to protect the other witnesses, what was different about me?
He father pulled me to his side and rubbed my head comfortingly. He was trying to be strong but I  could  feel his heart racing. He was also afraid. He knew I  didn't stand a chance. I  felt my world falling apart.