Prologue

The girl stared at herself in the mirror, the angry voices of her aunt and uncle echoing throughout the small suburban house. Her long reddish-brown hair draped over her shoulders. She felt a single tear roll down her cheek, watching it splash into the sink. She was only 11, and yet she felt like she had spent her whole life waiting. Waiting for something, anything to happen to let her know that she wasn't just an unwanted orphan who had been left to be a slave to her horrid family.

She was alone once more. Her brother was at school, and even when he was around it didn't much help. They never had a strong relationship. Now she was left with her spoilt cousin and barely a metre of space to sleep. She heard yelling from downstairs and her name being called. She didn't move. They don't care about me. She thought. They don't actually care if I come downstairs. They just want someone to push around now that Harry's gone. The girl sighed and slumped against the bathroom wall, notebook in hand. Writing and drawing had always been the only things that brought her joy.

The only thing she could control in life was the characters in her stories. She could make them live out the life she had dreamed of. That way at least one part of me gets what I want. She made her characters go to fancy art schools and become world-famous authors before they even turned 16, just what she wanted. She made them have hundreds of pets like cats, dogs, horses, and hamsters. She wrote servants upon servants into their stories, all to do whatever her characters wanted. Someday I'll get to be in charge of my own decisions. She thought. Some day I'll be free.

Little did she know, that day would come sooner than she thought. 

------------------------------------

HIIII this is my first ever WattPad fanfic please tell me if you like it so far!!

Enjoy!!

Also here is a reference picture; this is what I imagine Emily to look like (maybe when she was a bit younger). Personally I like to have an image in my head of the characters I'm reading about, so if thats you as well hopefully this helps.