Chapter 6: Wand Troubles Pt 2

Sorry I know this is a very short chapter I've been quite busy and I didn't really know what else to add at the end. I hope you enjoy :)

'Yew wood, Dragon heartstring core, 12 inches, slight flexibility. The only one of its kind ever sold.' Olivander stared at the wand, then Emily with a look of pure wonder in his eyes. 'That is one of the first wands I ever made. Extremely powerful and rare magic lies within. I don't use dragon heartstring anymore, as I find it's easiest to stick to a few main cores. I would never have expected it to choose you, do you know, it's made from the same wood as You Know Who himself.' Surprisingly, that only made Emily happier. She felt like she could explode. The wand was beautiful, old and carved with expert care. And it was powerful! She couldn't have wanted anything more.

'Thank you so much!' she paid the fee with a few coins from a bag in her pocket and headed for the door.

'That has never happened in all my years of living.' Olivander said quickly before Emily reached the door. She turned around to see him leaning on the desk, the same puzzled look as before on his face.

'What do you mean?' Emily asked.

'I mean I know the wand chooses the wizard, but it's never really chosen the wizard all on its own, I always pick the wands the student tries, but this one knew it wanted you, without my help.' He stared at her as though she would have an answer. She smiled, nodded, and turned around. As the placed her hand on the door handle, Olivander spoke again, this time much quieter. It wasn't aimed at Emily, but she could hear what he said nevertheless.

'She must have a very powerful presence. Stronger than any I've seen before.' Emily hesitated, wanting to turn around and ask him what he meant, but she decided she'd bothered him enough and swiftly exited the shop, her brand-new wand in hand.

'You took AGES!' Ginny laughed as Emily ran down the steps.

'It's a long story,' Emily shrugged, slightly tired from all the commotion in the shop.

'Go in, he's ready for you. Good luck!' she called as Ginny sprinted inside.

'Well, let's see your wand then, dear,' Molly's eyes shifted to the wand in Emily's hand as she lifted it up.

'Apparently, it's the only one like it ever sold,' Emily felt bad for boasting, but she was still so worked up after being in the shop that she couldn't help it.

'That's the same wood as He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named's wand!' Molly looked in shock at Emily as she felt the wand.

'I know, Olivander said so,' Molly didn't answer for a while, but finally she shook her head and looked up.

'Ginny should be out soon. The boys are getting treats at Sugar Plum Sweet Shop, you can go and meet them. I'll wait for Ginny and come find you, and we can get cauldrons. Sound good?' Emily nodded and walked off. She was quite far away from Olivanders when she realised she had no idea where Sugar Plum Sweets was. She didn't even know what it looked like! She started to panic as she swerved around huddles of witches and wizards and squeezed through crowds. Her breathing quickened, and she felt fear building up inside her. She couldn't understand why she was so stressed. She was lost in a street, not drowning in the middle of the ocean. But still, she couldn't help but panic, glancing frantically around her to see if she could spot the Weasley's familiar red hair.

A group of young witches and wizards shoved past her and she stepped back, bumping into someone behind her. She turned around and when she saw who it was her panic multiplied. Draco Malfoy stood staring at her like he hadn't just seen her in Flourish and Botts a mere hour ago.

'Um, I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going-' Draco cut her off.

'It's fine.' He shrugged and managed a small smile. 'Are you ok?'

'Y-yeah I'm fine, just a bit lost,' she stuttered, unable to look him in the eye. He was more friendly than she'd thought he'd be, but she was still a little scared of him.

'I know this place like the back of my hand. Where are you trying to go?' he was frowning again, but it wasn't an unkind frown, it was more of a thoughtful frown.

'Sugar Plum Sweet Shop; I'm supposed to meet the Weasley's there...' she said, suddenly worried she'd said too much.

'Oh that's easy, it's just around that corner there,' he pointed to a bend at the end of the street. 'I can walk you there, I'm going that way too.' He offered. Emily was too stunned to speak. Surely this wasn't the same Malfoy Harry had complained about endlessly from the moment he got home?

'No it's fine, I can take myself there,' she shrugged and quickly walked off. She could feel Draco's eyes on her as she ran away, but she didn't look back.