11

Dorian:

I sit for a long minute with my hands clasped in an attempt to stop them from shaking as I worry about how this latest scandal will affect Bree, Ryder and Liam.

I'll never forget how Echo Savoy and Viki's then-husband Charles Banks had that torrid affair and it became public.

As a result, Echo's poor son had been bullied relentlessly in school.

One of my dearest wishes is that Bree, Ryder and Liam won't suffer that same fate.

"Gran...are you all right?" Risa's voice pulls me back to the present. I jump a bit and look up.

"Sure..." I hasten to reassure her. "I'm-I'm...all right. Do you want something to eat?" I stand up, indicating pancake mix, bread rolls and fruit on the counter.

"Okay..." Risa goes over and toasts a roll for herself, pours an orange juice, then sits. "You look a bit pale, Gran...I saw your hands shaking when I came in. Another bad dream?"

"No," I say.

Risa sits back, eyeballing me as she eats. I can tell that I'm not doing a good job hiding my anxiety from her.

"Just something I saw a few moments ago that reminded me of Llanview," I add.

"Not surprising," Risa muses. "When I woke up, I had texts from Starr and Langston...looks like Viki's DID is back again."

"Yes, it does," I say.

I wonder if Jessica's DID will re-surface again and am full of fear for Bree, who is almost a teenager now and for Ryder, who is school age now.

"Viki and Roxy were both arrested last night," Risa continues. "A huge brawl at a formal bash a bunch of that elite group was having...Jessica and Natalie were in on it too...Gran, I'm glad we don't live there anymore."

"Me too, Risa," I say. "Me too."

•••••••••••••

Risa and I learn more about the latest Llanview mess via postings all over social media, even in a couple of national newspapers and through texts and e-mails from Cassie, Blair and Starr.

Even Sarah Roberts, who has kept in touch with all of us fills us in with the details.

Seeing these details makes me relieved than ever that I did not allow myself to be roped into Tina's scheme.

It seems as though Viki...who is now married to a wealthy banker Monroe Spencer from Port Charles...had been cozying up to Roxy, especially since her nail salon took off.

Viki is seldom satisfied with the money she has, even if it is through a rich husband.

And since Roxy has established herself as Llanview's town gossip, Viki now frequents Roxy's salon to catch up on the gossip.

And naturally having to put in her opinion about everyone and everything, Viki is free to put in her two cents worth of "advice," which Roxy loves for her clientele, especially Marcy.

Cord, who laps up everything Viki says to this day, even has taken to dropping by.

Tina, who has been on the outs with her sister, was fuming at this, so that is when she decided to start her own business in a spa.

And since Natalie has never forgiven Tina for collaborating in Jess' nasty plot to lock her up, then kill her, Natalie sidled up to Roxy and Viki to irk Tina, who then has buttered up Jessica to side with her and even join her in business.

Tina with Aubrey and Lindsay's help, even loaned Jessica and her latest husband a wad of money on credit.

This is where Tina bandied about my name not only to piss off Viki, Roxy and Natalie, but to try to make herself look "important," which Aubrey, Lindsay and Jessica fell for.