Chap. 89 - Dubious Morals

For someone who had not known defeat for more than seven years, this situation could not be angry. Howlhell, master Inquisitor and one of the most ruthless beings in the galaxy, watched through his red eyes as his bastion of terror fell to pieces before an innate strategist.

Above his head, his flagship was shamefully desecrated by these damned insurgents who, in his eyes, deserved nothing more than a slow and painful death. In front of him, his purge troops fell like flies before the powerful B2 rocket droids and that damn lasan that ended their lives one by one. And now, a super tactical droid was advancing towards him with a menacing look escorted by two dangerous magnaguard. The inquisitor could see his fate before his eyes, but he would not give up so easily.

Howlhell: - So... You're the one behind all this. - He said with a mocking tone, analyzing his possibilities to emerge victorious.

Icarus: - Inquisitor Howlhell... Al fin see you face to face. -

Howlhell: - Interesting... A rather strange expression for someone... no... Something of his type. Besides... I'm sure we already saw each other... And not long ago. -

Icarus: - Okay... I see you've figured it out... Honestly impressive. -

Howlhell: - You may be wearing a different shell now... But I still feel your essence... The same essence that I felt in Fondor... Tell me... Piece of metal... Do you... hate me? -

Icarus did not respond immediately. The meaning of the word hate was not as simple as the organics used it so casually. They often confuse hate with anger, rejection and lack of empathy. But no... Hate is something much deeper... Something that marks you for life and doesn't let you accept some things. It marks your past, clouds your principles and does not allow you to reconcile with the cause that originates it... Hatred is... absolute.

Icarus: - Yes... I hate him... inquisitor. -

Not even a cold-minded and calculating droid like him could reject that overwhelming truth. Icarus felt... hatred... Deep and true hatred for that damned being that now stood in front of him, with his spinning red saber ready to face his enemy. The image of Wag Too about to be decapitated repeated in his circuits like a corrupt code. The core of his chest pumped electric shocks throughout his body. Discharges that screamed anger through their cables. His fists were clenching. Its optical sensors shone with overwhelming intensity. And yet... the inquisitor could only laugh in anticipation.

Howlhell: - Yes... I thought it was a mistake... That the Force was playing with my mind. I thought it must be a mistake... But no... Now I see it very clearly. I don't know how, but I can feel your anger... I can taste it... I can feel all that denial that my presence invokes in you... And it is wonderful. -

At this point, Icarus reckoned for a second that the inquisitor had lost his mind

At this point, Icarus reckoned for a second that the inquisitor had lost his mind. That accepting defeat had hit his sanity. However, even a droid like him knew that in those words he had hidden something... Something dangerous.