Broken Promises

Vox's POV

Why the hell would they bring the angel here. She should be in Heaven with the rest of her heartless people after killing our people. I start walking towards the angel and then I look at Velvette.

"Have her executed."

The color drained from Velvette and Valentine. Valentino just burst out laughing. He grabbed his gun. Honestly he pulls these guns outta no where. I'm convinced he pulls them out of his ass or something. Velvete stepped in front of Valentine.

"Vox, you can't do this"

I rolled my eyes. How pathetic. She wanted to use the angel as a mannequin and now she's defending it.

"Vel, I'm killing the angel whether you like it or not."

"But why?! She saved you!"

Valentino threw his gun through one of the studio windows.

"GOD DAMNIT VELVETTE!!"

Someone looked forward to killing someone. But what Velvete said... The angel... saved me...?

"She did what now?"

"We were in your surveillance room during the extermination and Valentino yanked Valentine into the room after she nearly got killed again. Heaven doesn't want her back, so when she found out you were defending the tower, she had to help you. When you were cornered by angels and a trigger was pulled, it was Valentine's revolver. You passed out because you thought you were the one that got shot when in reality, she saved you..."

I approached the angel. I could tell she was scared. She backed up. I broke it. I broke her trust with me.. The angel spoke up.

"You promised me I'd survive in Hell if I trusted you. Now, I don't know if I can trust you at all. You tried getting me executed even after I saved you. I don't know if I can trust you.."

The promise...

Flashback...

No one's POV

Vox held his hand out to the unknown angel.

"If you're gonna survive down in Hell, you're gonna have to trust me..."

The angel looked terrified, but she knew Vox was her only hope.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

She took his hand and Vox took her under his wing...

Vox's POV

"Valentine... Is it?"

The angel nodded at me. I slowly approached her, but she kept backing up.

"Trust me. I'm sorry. You know I wouldn't kill you. I just-"

Before I could finish, she cut me off.

"I trust you, Vox. It's just... Not entirely..."

The hell does that mean. Does she trust me or not? Ugh, I have to do more work now...