The Last Hit.

I get dressed and get in my car.

“Adam?” I ask over the phone.

“Yes my love.” “Are you ready? I'm leaving my house right now.”

“Don't worry my sweet. I've got your location. And I've hacked into Calvin’s computer too. He's not gonna be receiving live footage.”

“Okay. I'm a little nervous.” “Hey. It's gonna be okay. Don't worry about it. I'm gonna be right there with you. I promise.”

I smile. “Okay.”

I drive to Jamie's house and we enter the van. “Is everyone ready?” Jamie asks. “Yes.” I answer. “Lucas. This is Dixie. My old…associate.” “Hey.” Lucas says. I nod back.

Calvin drives us to the bank and we wait it out for a while, my heart thundering. It's been so long since I've done this. Clearly it isn't as easy as it used to be.

“Okay. No fucking wasting time. In and out. Less than a minute. Be quick, Dee. Hopefully we can make it out of this and enjoy the rest of our lives doing whatever the fuck we want.”

“Like we are. Already.” Calvin says.

“Shut the fuck up, Cal.” Jamie says, grabbing his mask.

I follow suit, grabbing my masks and my gun. “I'm surprised we still got this van.” I say, looking around.

“Yeah, Calvin somehow got it back from the junkyard. Fixed it up again. Now it's golden. I assume.” Jamie grins. “Right.”

“Alright. We know the plan. We've done our work. Now. It's now or never.” Jamie says, nodding his head. “Roger that.”

Jamie hops out of the car, followed by Lucas and I.

“Get on the fucking ground!” Jamie yells, pointing his gun at the civilians. Lucas pushes his duffle bag against the counter and points his gun at the lady by the counter. “Fill it up. Quick.”

“Ye-yes. Okay! Please! Just don't hurt us!” She says, quivering. She grabs the bag and behind filling it up with cash.

“D. Head down. Get the shit.” Jamie says, fixating his eyes on me. I nod, pointing my gun to one of the staff. “One of you! Let's go.” I point at the male staff, who turns out to be the manager.

“Please, don't hurt me.” He begs, walking down the stairs. “Shut it. Move. I'm on a mission.” I yell, enough for Jamie to hear.

We reach the bottom floor and I lower my gun. “Don't worry, it's a trap. You can relax.” I turn around, waiting it out. My heart begins thumping louder. “Olive.” I turn around and smile at Adam. “Gosh. Finally.” I drop my weapon and hug him tight. “What now?” “They're upstairs. Let's go. We'll corner from here." I pick up my gun and follow him. 

We head upstairs, with Adam's backup behind us. “I'm scared.” I whisper. Adam smiles.

I walk up to the stairs onto the same floor Jamie is on and he turns to me. “Fuck! D! We're cornered!”

I frown, pointing my gun at Jamie. “You're right, J. You are.”

“What the fuck? You backstabbing bitch.” He says, pointing his gun back at me.

“This was how it was supposed to be. You shouldn’t have come back for me, J. “You're right. But I'm not gonna go down alone. I'm taking you with me.”

I shake my head. “Not a fucking chance. Now drop your weapon.”

“Over my dead body.”

“Don't do this, Jamie.” “Fuck you. I shouldn't have let you take my money. Now you're like this rich bitch who thinks she can get away with anything. You're not.”

“I know I'm not, Jamie. But I am doing something right with my life. And I'd be fine doing it all without you in it.”

Jamie clenches his jaw, grabbing his gun tight. “Fuck you. Fuck you, Dee. Fuck you.”

He lifts his gun, aiming at me but I pull my trigger, without a second thought.

“Oh, fuck.” Adam says, holding my arm tight. “Baby?”

Jamie's lifeless body lays on the floor. They really did take his gun over his dead body.

They take Lucas and Calvin in while I wait outside on the steps. “Olive.” Adam says, walking towards me with a cup of tea in hand. “Here.”

“Oh, perfect.” I sigh, grabbing it.

“Are you okay?” I nod. “Yeah. After everything, I feel like I'm finally free.” He smiles, sitting next to me. “I'm glad you feel that way.”

He grabs my hand and squeezes it hard. “You're gonna be okay, my love.”

“Adam.” “Hmm?” He looks at me. “I'm ready whenever you are.”

“Really?” His smile grows. “Yeah. I don't have time to waste. I know you're the one. I know I love you. More than anything.”

“Oh, thank God. I can't wait. I can't wait anymore.” He grins, cupping my cheeks. “I love you more.”

He kisses me softly, wrapping his arms around me. “I love you so much.”

***