All's Well That Ends Well

Mom made me get up early this morning since the rest of our family is finally coming into town. I slowly woke up from my slumber, regretting getting up so early on the weekend.  I opened my curtains to let in some light, squinting when it hit my face. 

Looking out the window, I don't see any signs of life. As if everyone was still asleep. Hell, they probably were nobody gets up at 4:30 AM on a Saturday.

It was a rather cold morning some of the cold breezes could be felt just by standing next to the window. I turn my back to the window, going to pick out my outfit for the day. Deciding on jean shorts and a cropped tank. I hop in the shower for a while hoping the hot water will wake me up some more, which it does. I get out of the shower feeling refreshed and quickly dry off before I put on my outfit, deodorant, and some Sol De Janeiro spray.

Realizing what time it is I hurry down the stairs and into the kitchen where I'm met by my father, mother, and sister Hope. Who are putting things away where they belong, decorating, or cleaning.

"Uh, hi family. What are you all doing now?" I say out of the blue startling my mother, Caroline.

"You're father is cleaning, I'm decorating and Hope is putting things away. What would you like to do?" She replies.

"I'll just grab the rest of the boxes from the car."

"Okay, if you need help just shout." Dad chimes in.

"Alright"

I put on some old white air forces that were by the door before grabbing the keys to unlock the car, and then heading out the door. I click the unlock button on the keys, going around to the back of the car to pop up the trunk. There were a lot more boxes than I thought but it's better than cleaning. I set down the keys in the car, grabbed a box, and walked into the house. Setting it on the kitchen counter. I walk back out of the house, about to grab another box when a male voice calls from behind me, "You need some help with that?"

I turned around to see where the voice came from to see a guy about my age standing on my side of the sidewalk.

"No I'm good, thank you though," I reply

"Oh okay, I haven't seen you around here before."

"I just moved here like a week ago."

"Oh really? from where?"

"Austin"

"Damn, you're a long way from home huh?"

"Unfortunately, yeah"

"What's your name by the way?"

"Ariel"

"Like the mermaid?" He chuckles a bit as he thinks about it.

"Yes like the mermaid"

"That's a new one" 

"Really?"

"Hell yes"

"You never told me your name"

"It's Justin"

"Well, Justin do you have a phone?"

"Only if you're gonna put your number in it," He says taking his phone of out his jean pocket.

He hands me the phone and I put my number in it, changing my name to Ari 🧜🏼‍♀️ before giving the phone back to him.

"Let me ask you something"

"What is it?"

"Is your room by chance right there on the end?" He says point exactly where my room was.

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Mine is right next to yours, if you haven't noticed yet there's a sweetheart window"

I look at him confused, trying to visualize the unfamiliar room.
"What do you mean, sweetheart window?"