-1-

The beginning

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Astrid woke up suddenly, as she could hear noises and movement coming from downstairs. She sat up in her bed and rubbed her eyes, feeling irritated that she was suddenly awakened by the noise. She was certainly not a morning person and the disruption had frustrated her, but it was a part of her usual routine now. Despite her annoyance, she began the process of getting out of bed and getting ready for the day ahead.

Since the end of the fourth year, the Wizarding World was thrown into havoc. Tensions emerged regarding the Return of the Dark Lord, and the Ministry tried to downplay the whole situation, claiming that Harry was either lying or delusional. Despite their efforts, the young wizard remained confident in what he saw. This meant that the future was not looking very bright for the wizarding world.

After all the events Sirius was insistent that Astrid and Remus move in with him at Grimmauld Place, his ancestral home.  She was happy to finally live with her father. Astrid wanted to live with him since she had learned about his innocence, but she hadn't had the opportunity before. She was also excited about the chance to learn more about her father by being in the place he had spent his childhood in, hoping to find more information. The relationship between them was still a bit awkward, as they were still learning about each other, and Astrid hoped that this move would allow for better chances at bonding as a father-daughter duo.

But they weren't the only ones occupying the house. In fact, the house had become the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix since the Dark Lord's return, resulting in it becoming a hive of activity. Everyone was anxious and tense about the possibility of the Dark Lord returning fully once again, so they needed to formulate a plan and be prepared in case anything happened. Because of this, the Weasley family and Hermione Granger also lived in the estate, alongside many members of the Order who came and left the house constantly. However, it didn't bother Astrid that much as she was pleased to have her father close to her. Also, the busy atmosphere of the house provided a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere in what felt like a rather uncertain future of the magical world.

As she stepped out of the bedroom and onto the downstairs area, she was swiftly greeted by the sounds and sights that she would come to expect every morning. Mrs. Weasley was still running around hastily, making sure everyone had food on their plates, and her children laughing and chatting as Mrs. Weasley scolded them intermittently. Additionally, Hermione sat quietly for the most part and conversed with either Ron or Ginny. At the end of the table were Sirius and Remus, as they were always the first to greet her. She smiled at the sight of them making her way to sit next to them

"Morning" she greeted them still feeling a little sleepy from her waking up so sudden, but nonetheless happy to be where she is at the moment

Remus put on a big smile as he greeted her. "Good Morning Assi" he said using using the nickname he had given her when she was little.

Sirius' smile grew even wider as he looked at Astrid. "Good morning," he said, patting her shoulder as they both settled in for their breakfast. Their relationship was still a bit awkward at times, but they were both making an effort to build a stronger bond as father and daughter. Having both Sirius and Remus in her life brought Astrid a sense of comfort and contentment that she had never felt before.

As she took her seat at the table, a plate of delicious-looking food was placed in front of her. Mrs. Weasley smiled and greeted the young girl before quickly turning around and reprimanding the Weasley children. "Fred, George I told you many times that none of your inventions are welcomed at the breakfast table!" she scolded the twins.