-2-

The night we met

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The summer had come to an end far faster than Astrid had expected. It was now September first, and she was at the train station, preparing to start another year. She bid a fond farewell to her father, who, due to conditions outside the Order, had to remain hidden from the public eye. She promised to write him as soon as she could and that they would see each other again over the holiday break.

As she stepped onto the train, she kept a keen eye out for Daphne. She soon spotted her in an empty compartment with her younger sister, Astoria. Upon seeing her, Astrid entered the compartment and greeted the girls, giving Daphne a warm hug. As the three girls got comfortable in the compartment, Daphne asked Astrid, "Ready for another great year at Hogwarts?" Astrid smiled warmly and replied, "Yes, I'm excited."

Daphne then turned to Astoria and asked, "What about you, Astoria? Excited to be a third-year?" Astoria nodded enthusiastically and replied, "Yes, I can't wait to start Third Year." Daphne then smiled at her and said, "Good, I'm glad. You better study hard, too, if you want to do well in your exams. We can't all be smart and clever like Astrid here."

Astrid chuckled at Daphne's comments and replied, "I'm sure you'll do great, Astoria. You're a smart girl; I know you'll be fine."

"Thank you" Astoria replied with a smile.

As the three girls continued their talk, they heard the loud voices coming from outside their compartment, they looked out and saw a group of boys passing by. Draco Malfoy, Blaise Zabini, and Theodore Nott were quite popular in her year, and she knew Daphne often hung out with them in her free time. Despite this, they had never spoken before.

So, they decided to continue observing the group. The group of boys continues walking, unaware of the girls' observations. After a moment, Theodore Nott turns his head to look in their direction. He glances into their compartment for a brief moment, but fails to notice their presence as he swiftly turns his head away.

Once the boys pass by, Astoria turns to Daphne and whispers, "Do you know those guys?" Astrid frowns and replies, "I've seen them around, but I've never talked to them before. They're in Slytherin, aren't they?" Daphne nods "Yep. I  hang out with them sometimes. Their friend Pansy Parkinson is my dorm mate" she replies

Astrid nods in response to Daphne's words. "So you're basically friends with the boys from Slytherin house, You have other friends Daphne?" she says in a mock offense. Daphne laughs and replies, "In a way, yes. You know, they're actually pretty cool guys once you get to know them."

The girls continue to talk for a moment, catching up with one another before Daphne asks Astrid a question. "Anyway, how was your summer? Did you do anything special?"

Astrid smiles and replies, "Yeah, I spent some great time with my father. It was nice catching up with him."

The girls continued to talk enthusiastically, covering a variety of topics and cracking jokes. The talk was filled with laughter and fun conversations, making the time go by quickly. They continued until the train finally arrived at the station, at which point the girls got up and exited the compartment.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

As the sorting ceremony and the dinner concluded, the students were ready to return to the dorms. Astrid spent her time catching up with her housemates and continuing to spend more time with Daphne and Astoria. She then made her way to her dorm.

After changing out of her uniform, she announced to her roommates that she was going to head out for a walk since it wasn't yet curfew. She decided to go to one of the many places she discovered in her first year, settling on the astronomy tower. It was a clear night, and the stars were shining bright.