Sp. 01- Aphmau's POV

The Shadress and Zoey spend a lengthy period of time alone in the building. I was getting antsy for Zoey's safety – as was everyone else – when the aforementioned woman stepped out the door, closing it carefully behind her.

"Well?" Katelyn asks. Her eyebrow is raised impatiently. "You must've gotten something good from all that... talk."

"I did," Zoey confirms. "She let me examine the book in great detail. I can tell you there are no illusionary or extremely complex spells lining that book. It is standard barrier magic. I could cast that spell on any book I chose."

"It's true then? The things she said about Aphmau?" Garroth's words ring to my left. My shock and confusion must be apparent because Laurence grabs my right hand to help ground me.

Zoey nods.

"How is that possible?" The brunette questions. "How can Aphmau possibly be Irene? That would mean she's immortal or - or a goddess. She would have displayed magic by now."

The elf takes a deep breath. "My best guess is there is complex magic at play here. Magic I am in no way able to explain. But the things she says are true. Even the part about her being alive back then."

"If she's like me, she should have no memory of this. How does she know?" I feel uneasy on my feet. My whole world feels like it's caving in.

"The age that defines her aura is... difficult to discern. She's keeping it hidden from the prying eyes of magic users. However, I can tell she is truly as old as Irene, if not older." Zoey shakes her head like she doesn't believe her own words.

From what I understand about Irene – err... myself – someone being older would be unheard of at the very least; if not impossible. It brings the question of what kind of power she could possibly possess.

There's a heavy silence before Zoey decides to continue. "From my understanding of our conversation, Irene and Aphmau are indeed two different people, they just have the same body and magic. She agrees that she'll learn to call you Aphmau but stated that it may take a while for her to break her habit."

"Now it's just confusing. Is she or is she not Irene?" Garroth pinched the bridge of his nose as Katelyn asked her question with an accusatory tone. She trusts Zoey just fine, it's the woman in the jail cell that she doesn't believe.

Zoey shrugs. "Yes and yes, according to her and my knowledge of the magic at play."