Chapter 18(Neil)

What did I do to get myself into this? I take one look at Ashu and I knew she was thinking the same thing. Sunday is the only day she get off of work and I know the last thing she wanted to right now shopping especially shopping with Yakshi.

Ashu has ordered all her outfits online apart from her sangeet dress. Yakshi has made such a big deal out of this dress hunt. She wants a lilac outfit for her best friend that matches my suit, not even a shade apart.

We have visited 4 boutiques, and yakshi has viewed over 25 dresses. She asked Ashu to try some of them but didn't like any of them. Ashu on the other hand loved all the dresses especially the first one but I know that was just an act so that she could get out of here.

As for me I didn't hate them as much as Yakshi but like them as well. They were either too heavy and stood out of place or too dull, either too flowy or too stiff, either too fancy or too plain. They were not made for Ashu but I keep that information to myself. I don't want to encourage Yakshi.

We entered the 5th store and Yakshi asked the lady pick out all the lilac dresses at once. Then went through all the dresses while I sat quietly behind her along with Ashu. Ashu was going through her phone and I noticed a soft yawn escape from her lips before she could stop it. I stifled my laugh and was kind of happy to know she was as bored as me.

Yakshi turned towards us with a gleamy smile and handed a dress to Ashu. She let out a sigh and took the dress from my siter before going towards the dressing room.

"How long is this going to take?", I asked Yakshi.

"Don't say this to your girlfriend. Girls tend to get angry when their boyfriend fuss over their shopping." She replied to me with a fake shocked look on her face.

"Oh please you know Ashu hates shopping as much as I do. Have you even looked at her once since this morning. She is regretting saying yes for today and you know it."

"Are you sure you hate shopping? Because what I am seeing right now makes me love shopping even more." She says looking at something behind me.

I turn around to and following the direction of her sight. There stands Ashu looking like an angel wearing the most beautiful dress I have ever seen.

The shiny skirt of her dress has the perfect amount of flow. The top portion has a net curtain covering over sleeveless shiny material. Tre is a thread work patch on the right shoulder and to complete the dress a cloth belt covers the middle portion.

This dress is made for Ashu and I can feel it. It is a perfect blend of power, elegance and cuteness just like my popcorn.

"Bhai you can close your mouth now." Yakshi whispers in my ear. That's when I realise that my jaw has fallen."

I love this dress. What about you Ashu? Are you comfortable?" Yakshi moves up to Ashu and asks her.

"Yes, I like it.", Ashu says with a glint in her eyes. She loves the dress and everyone can see it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The next few days were quite good. All the wedding preparations were going on well. I went on a few dinners with Ashu just to show what a happy couple we were.

Yakshi made a big deal out of out one month anniversary and sent us on a weekend trip, Ashu booked a second room and worked whole of Saturday while I was roaming around and clicking pictures. Today is Sunday and she said she will also accompany me to sightseeing.

I got ready and knocked on her door, "Are you ready Ashu?"

"Just give me second.", she shouted from inside the room.

After waiting for a few moments I saw the gate open and Ashu stepped out adjusting her sling bag on her shoulder. She is wearing a black and white one piece and ends just above her knee. Her hair is left open and most of freckles are visible under her light make up. For footwear she has chosen flats with bow on the front. Her outfit is just perfect for the day.

"How do I look?", she asks me with a smile too wide.

"Perfect." I reply in a mesmerised tone which forms a blush on her face.

We start walking towards the staircase together. I book a cab for us and we wait for it in silence. After settling inside the car she finally break the silence and says, "This is the first vacation I am taking in 5 years."

Her words leave me awestruck, "are you serious?"

"Yes, the last vacation I took was during my masters when I went to Shimla with the girls. After I started, my business the only place I have visited is Punjab, you know my parent's house."

"Thats crazy. I don't think I can survive without at least taking one vacation each year."

"Well I don't think that's crazy. You know I chose this life for myself."

"Did you always want this kind of life? No offense but you used to be so different back when you were in high school and college and then I left and something drastic happened and you changed from a sweet girl to this grumpy woman."

"I can't believe I am telling this to you but no I didn't want this life forever, but sometimes you need to choose and I made my choice."

"I get it, I had to make my choice too, you know between my passion and my love."

She just nodded her head in agreement. I was talking about Dipti and she knew it but I had no idea what she was talking about.

The rest of the day went nicely. I took her to different attractions of the city. We had lunch together went for a fountain and light show in the evening. On the way back to the hotel, Ashu was so tired that she slept in the cab.

I wanted to sleep off myself but I trust the driver so I decided to scroll through my phone for a bit. I had just opened my social media when I hears Ashu mumbling something under her breath. First, I thought it was just some dream but then her breathing became heavier and faster and her mumbles turned into shouts.

She started screaming and uttered distant words like didi and no and stop as if she was too terrified to make a whole meaningful sentence. I told the driver to stop the car and get some water. Ashu had started crying on her sleep and I tried to woke her up. I shook her, called her name even tried to open her eyes but she didn't wake up. 

When the driver came back with the water I snatched the bottle from him, took a few drops in my hands and sprinkled them of Ashu's face. She woke up in a bolt, her face now full of tears and shocked. She hugged me immediately and started crying, "You are safe Ashu, you are with me. I promise I am going to protect you.", I said to her trying to calm her and stroked her back at a reassuring pace.

She was still terrified and her next words proved it, "but I couldn't protect her, I could keep didi safe."

Didi? She has a sister? What has happened to her? Is she the reason why Ashu had changed so much? Did yakshi know about her?

So many questions ran one by one through my mind. But I was sure about one thing, this is not the time to think about my questions. This is the time to think about Ashu and her mental state.

I indicated the driver to start driving but quietly while I held Ashu close to my chest and continues patting her. After a moment, when Ashu came back to her senses, he moved away from me and rested against the back of the seat. She wiped her tears and started staring outside the windows. I was in shock but decided to keep my mouth shut. We were just about to reach the hotel when she finally spoke, "You have a lot out questions right?", She said without sparing me one glance.

"no", I lied, "just one. Are you okay?", she turned her head slowly to look into my eyes. She then plastered a fake smile on her face and nodded in a yes.

I knew that was a lie but I kept the information to myself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey readers, I know you would be having a lot of questions right now about this chapter but do not worry they will be answered,

Keep voting and suporting

Opposites attractजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें