Epilogue (Neil)

My parents had gone to my paternal aunt's house for the weekend. Tomorrow is Sunday. Me and Ashu spend our whole Sunday together. But as I was home alone, we decided to spend the whole weekend together.
Ashu came to my place direct from office and I waited for her with her favourite food. I cooked noodles for her. Was just setting the dinner on table when I heard the doorbell, I rushed to the door and there stood my popcorn.

She was holding a cabin bag in one hand and her office bag in the other. I leaned forward to take the bags from her hand but I think she misunderstood my intensions because she leaned forward as well as if to give me a kiss.

The moment she realised what I was trying to do she stepped back and handed he cabin bag to me. He face was red because of embarrassment and there was a small awkward smile on her face.

"We have the whole weekend for that popcorn, for now let me lessen your burden a bit.", I tease her. I love teasing her.

I moved to the side and she entered the house without saying a word.

She then walked to the dinning table and checked everything I made.

"You cooked?", she asked with her eyes full of excitement.

"Yes", I reply knowing that she loves food made by me. "I am starving", she said rubbing her stomach like a kid.

"Well in that case you should freshen up quickly."

She turned around and went towards the passage but stopped abruptly between two rooms, between mine and Yakshi's room.

I knew what she was thinking, I had been thinking the same thing since the moment we decided to spend the night together. Where should she stay? Sharing a room and bed together for the night may be a bit too intimate, but the what was even the point of this sleepover if we stay together all night. I walked to her and stood just a step behind her, leaning down slightly to whisper in her ear I say, "Don't think too much popcorn, do what you really want to.

"She turned around and looked straight into my eyes, "I want to stay with you. I really do, but-". She stopped mid-sentence but I know what she wanted to say.

I lifted my empty hand and placed it on her cheeks to reassure her, "Ashu, I know girls have trust issues and I want to earn your trust not ask for it. I will wait for you to be ready, even if it means waiting for an entire lifetime. And that will not change irrespective of whether you decide to stay in my room tonight."

She moved my hand from her check and hugged me, "Thank you so much Neil, you don't know how relieved I am feeling right now"

I hugged her and started caressing her head to ensure her but just then a thought occurred to me, a mischievous thought. "You know, I sleep shirtless right?", I said to her trying to hide my laugh.

She lifted her head from my chest and looked at me straight in the eyes and said, "How can you change so much in a matter of 10 seconds."

"That's my talent popcorn, now go ahead and get ready fast. The food is getting cold.", I said backing off from the hug.

She opens the door to my room and enters, I follow her inside and keep the bag on the bed. She stares around the room and her eyes land on my desk at last.

The number of pictures on my desk has increased from 1 to 7, one for each of our firsts. She turns around and looks at me, "these photos are so good."

"Because you are there in it."

Her eyes start strolling around the room again, moving from my bed to the book shelf and then to the side table.

"I don't think I have seen your room so clean", she says still exploring the room.

"Ya it was a mess just like my life before you entered and now everything is good, perfect actually.".

"Aren't, you being too cheesy today?", she asked cocking one of her eyebrows up.

"Is that a bad thing?"

"No, but it is definitely a suspicious thing."

"Okay then I will leave you and your bag to thing now.", I say and exit the room.

I put the food in the oven to let in get warmed, then I dim the lights of the living room to provide date-like environment. This is the first date we are having at my place, so I want it to be perfect.

I was just setting our plates when the door to my room opened and Ashu came out wearing one of her oversized t-shirts and tiny shorts.

"I changed directly into my night clothes, I hope that's ok.", she said when she found me staring at her.

"It's the best outfit, I have ever seen you wearing.", I said pulling out a chair for her.

She took a seat beside me and we fed each other. We jumped from one topic to other while the dinner, after the dinner Ashu insisted on clearing the dining table, so I let her. In fact I had wanted her to so that I could prepare for the next surprise in the meantime.

I went to my room and took out the mini projector I had recently bought online, today is perfect to use it. I connected it to my phone, logged in to my Netflix. Then I turned on the AC and brought out the coverlets.

After the ambiance was set, I locked the door and changed into my night clothes. I wore a t-shirt and knee length pants.

I was going to open the door and call Ashu but I found her already standing at the doorway with a bowl of ice cream in her hand.

"I found it in fridge, thought we could use it to beat the heat.", she said passing me toothy smile.

"For that we have AC", I teased her and her smile disappeared, "but we can use it if you want to earn some guilty-calories."

And just like that her smile appeared back, and she hoped in to my room. I closed the date and followed her, she took her seat on the bed and picked one of the spoons from the bowl taking a big bite of the ice-cream but then her hand stopped mid-way to her mouth as she noticed the wall now working as theatre curtain.

"Did you?", she didn't need to finish her question for me to guess what she wanted to ask.

"Yes", I said and laid on the bed stomach down and balancing on my elbows to look at her.

"I love you so much.", she said and fed that big bite of ice cream to me. "So what are we watching", she said while taking a bit of ice cream herself.

And the we spent our first weekend and sleepover together by watching thriller web series and eating ice cream whole night. By the morning we both had severe cold and decided to spend Sunday indoors with food delivery.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey readers,

This is the third epilogue of Opposites attract. Thank you so much @trove_huntfo giving my story a chance, I hope you liked the story of Ashika and Neil.

There is just one final epilogue left which I will upload on 15th April.

Also, I crossed 250 votes recently and as per my promise the character sketch of my next story, BETTER TOGETHER has ben uploaded. New chapters will be uploaded every Wednesday and Saturday. I hope you will give your love to Sahika and Abhay just like gave to Ashika Neil.

Keep voting and supporting.