Announcements & Sore Topics

"Akeyla made her mac and cheese, and you didn't bring us any?" Jeremiah said as we all sat at the long glass dining room table.

Shanti shook her head, "The disrespect."

Mili jokingly rolled her eyes as she handed me the plate of tacos that she made me, "Shanti you know you would take one bite and be done, and Jer—" she suddenly looked over to her blonde-headed friend, "—Well, you probably would eat it all," she determined, shrugging to herself.

Jeremiah raised a brow at Mili, "See, so you owe me two dishes minimum," he said.

I couldn't help but laugh slightly as I picked up my taco, "Yeah, tell that to Key," I joked, knowing Akeyla wasn't about to make two dishes back to back.

"Key?" Jeremiah said with an amused smile.

Shanti shook her head with a laugh, "You know you're locked in when she's on a nickname basis with your mom," she told Mili as she sipped some of her wine.

Mili shook her head as she looked over to me, "I love that you're close with my mom, but the nickname has to go," she said as her thumb caressed the back of my neck where she kept her hand rested.

I bit the inside of my cheek, hating that her actions alone unconsciously made my body grow warm.

"But that's my twin for real," I countered as I subtly slid my hand to rest on her upper thigh.

The action alone made Mili raise a brow at me, clearly affected by the subtle move.

Akio chuckled, "She deadass sounds like Mi," he said before going to take a bite of his taco.

Meanwhile, Mili and I seemed to have our attention stuck on one another—especially when her once light grip, tightened around the back of my neck.

"What are you doing?" Mili said, leaning into my ear with her tone lowered and barely audible.

I smiled slightly to myself, "Riling you up. What does it look like?" I whispered back.

And as soon as Mili pulled back slightly to meet my stare—I purposely flashed her an innocent smile.

My actions alone made my girlfriend forcefully clear her throat as she turned back to her friends who were now discussing the next upcoming fashion week.

"So..." Mili suddenly trailed off, which easily grabbed everyone's attention.

It even managed to grab mine, noticing she was clearly about to say something serious.

"What did you do now?" Jeremiah jokingly said.

My girlfriend smiled slightly, chuckling to herself as she said, "I wanted to tell you this all together."

I tilted my head, suddenly wondering what she was about to say.

Mili drew in a deep, but clearly excited, breath—

"I've been chosen to host a dinner party for the LA art community—artists, photographers... everyone's going to be attending," she finally revealed.

Automatically my eyes grew wide, along with everyone else's.

"Baby that's incredible," I said, feeling a wide grin grow on my lips as I leaned over to press soft kisses all over her cheek.

Jeremiah smiled, "Mi, that's insane, I'm so happy for you," he said.

"You really deserve all the flowers and praise," Akio said as he raised his wine glass in the air.

Automatically, Shanti raised hers, "Let's toast to yet another incredible achievement," she said, easily causing us all to grab our wine glasses and raise them.