Subject 11: The Opening to the Shuffle Game

For this day let me simplify somethings. First-

"For the past two years, I'm proud and grateful to have led this school's student council as student council president."

In front of the school podium, a class three student speak aloud. Exclaiming something important that he'll probably say after this sentence.

His name is Manabu Horikita. The one who I raced at the sports event. You might not know about him as from my perspective, he's a minor character.

"Briefly, with these words, I would like to extend my resignation. Everyone, thank you very much". With those words, the student bowed to everyone.

Gossips spread amongst the crowd, covered by the state of the echoey sound of claps erupting from the hall. Yes, some might argue with how the president of the student council handle problems, yet still, it's good that he's still the de facto president student council.

Stepping out from the podium, the students stopped their claps. A new never seen before student at least for me stepped up to the podium.

Showing his blonde hair, and a crisp haircut, he introduced himself.

"I'm the newly appointed student council president. Miyabi Nagumo from Year 2 Class A, at your service."

My thoughts now focused about this...boy? man? student being the new president of the student council. Concerned by the fact of his statement, like:

"I would like this school into a true meritocratic school. Students who are capable of doing well should be on top, and those who aren't should be at the bottom. And that is the way it should be."

'I suppose...I would like to discuss this in the future with Arisu-san.' I pondered. Considering there're other more pressing issues, I would try to not touch the bee hive which is the student council for a short while.

With the first information out of the way, there came a second. In which-

"Ayanokouji-kun, are you...dating anyone, by chance?"

The girl said, no, more like trying to search for partners while we're behind the gym. Leaning to upon it, the girl looks flustered.

'How unusual...I would have my sights on Karuizawa-san as she's currently under my wing. Is that why she wanted to ask that.'

"Huh...What do you mean by that?" Carefully planning my words, I asked back to try and dodge the question that she has just swung at me.

"Of course, it means what it means! I'm asking if you have a girlfriend. What is it?" The girl returned back with a question. Turning her gaze at me before looking away once again.

'So, she's interested in me...Or not because this is the vibe I gotten here.'

Looking pass through her, I could see Karuizawa peeping from the corner, just enough to eavesdrop on the conversation. is this perhaps set up?

"I don't have a girlfriend.'

My answer made her faintly smile. "Oh...I see." She relievely replied back. Looks like I've chosen my decision wisely.

An awkward silent dawned on the scene. Crossing her arms, and mustering all her might. she expressed her words with a stuttering voice.

"I wouldn't mind if we just started out as friends...So...Let's exchange phone numbers."

'...If Karuizawa-san doesn't exist, she might be a convenient tool.' That thought ran through my mind. Shaking my head to shake off the idea of it.

Seeing my head shake, her face frowned before she repeats the question once again. Composing myself from her new expression, I replied reflexively to fix the situation.