Part I | Before

Damona is running down the stairs of her house while putting her hair in a ponytail.

As the girl runs into the kitchen where her parents and brother are eating breakfast she grabs a piece of bread and her bag.

"Mom, did you pack our lunches?"

Damona asks her mom, as her little brother Sabastian who is turning 11 in a few weeks gets up from his chair.

"Yes Mon it's already in your bag." Her mom answers. "You guys are going to be late if you don't hurry."

"I know! I know!" The girl yells as her brother is standing calmly in front of the front door waiting on her.

Soon the both of them leave and are on their way to school. Both of them attend the academy where they also train for the games. Even though district 4 has an Academy it's not that popular within them to Volunteer.

The two arrive at school with surprisingly 10 minutes to spare.

Sebastian speaks up as Damona is taking a few things from her locker. "What if I don't do well in my first day of training?.."

The girl looks down to her brother. "Trust me Seb, you'll be fine. Just.. go in there and try your best. Mags is not there to judge you. She's there to help you get a bit better so that if you ever get reaped you will have a better chance. But you won't get reaped. And it's fun! Now go on."

The little guy then walks away towards where one of the training areas are. Kids can start the Academy when they turn 11 or are about to turn 11 even though they can't be reaped if they're eleven.

Damona then turns back to her locker and puts her backpack in there. As she is trying to close it she feels someone tap her shoulder.

She turns around and sees one of her best friends. Adrian.

"Saw your little brother go to the training area. His first time?" He asks.

"Yeah, he was worried he wasn't going to do well. Had to give him a pep talk." The girl answers.

"He's going to do great. With you as his sister definitely." Adrian says as he closes her locker for her.

"Thanks. We should probably go to training aswell.."

During the training the weapon Damona uses the most is the spear. She twists it around her wrist like if it was attached to it.

Adrian on the other hand uses a sword. While he is watching the others train he mostly watches Damona. The way she almost every time hits them down in one swing.

He has never fought against her since Finnick doesn't want the fight to go on for hours since they are both the strongest from the group. But he wishes he could. To see if the others are just weak or Mons is actually strong. He believes it to be the latter.

After a bit of fighting Damona sits down on the floor. And so does Adrian sitting down next to her.

"Good job. Like always."

"Thanks." She answers.

Both of them watch their classmates train while they are taking a break when suddenly Finnick yells out.

"Damona, Adrian. You're on."

They both look at each other a bit surprised but also happy because both of them have wanted to do this for a long time.

Both of them stand on the mat and hold their weapons.

Finnick starts the fight and Damona waits for Adrian to make the first move as she has always seen him do.