Part II | The Reaping Day

Its the day of the reaping and Damona is eating breakfast with her family. Her brother sneaking worried glances at her.

Every year the stakes of getting reaped get higher and higher. Luckily this year she still doesn't have to worry about her brother getting reaped because he's still under the age limit.

„Mona Sweetie do you mind going to buy some bread, cheese, milk and some fruit with your brother before the reaping?" her mom asks her.

„Sure mom!"

„And remember to be back before 2 pm to get ready. Even if you're not going to get reaped i want you to look pretty." the girls mom adds and Damona nods as she finishes eating.

The girl then runs upstairs to wash her face put on some clothes and brush her hair before heading downstairs to get a bag to put the stuff she is going to buy in.

Before she can even put her shoes on her mom gives her some money to buy it with and she puts it in her pocket. The girl puts on her shoes.

„Could you maybe buy some string too? And something sweet that we can snack on after the reaping." her mom adds as looks up the stairs to see where Sebastian went.

„Okay! Where Seb?" the girl answers.

„Im here! Im here!" her little brother yells as he runs down the stairs and hops into his shoes.

„Ready to go?" Damona asks her brother.

„Yep!"

The two of them then leave the house and don't have to go far to reach the bakery.

Inside she sees Mrs Kipper putting some baked goods on the display.

„Hello dear! We have a fresh batch of baked bread and for the sake of today being the reaping day have some cookies too! On us of course!" the woman says. The bakers wife has always been a „ray of sunshine" to everyone.

„Thank you so much. But let me pay for them. You're always been so nice to us." Damona answers.

„Please, don't worry. It's my pleasure!" The woman insists as she takes a loaf of bread out of the oven and hands it to her along with a small bag of cookies.

"Thank you." Damona says as she hands the woman the money for the bread and takes her brother with her as she leaves the bakery.

Next they buy some Milk and cheese from a family who has a goat and cow.

Then the two walk a bit further to reach the mob. That is where they can buy textiles and some
nik-naks.

The girl lets go of her brother's hand and goes over to a woman to buy some thread. After she turns around she sees her brother standing at a stand and buying something.

The girl walks up to him and he just put it in his pocket after paying.

"Goodbye Mr! Have a good day!" Sebastian says as he turns around to his sister.

She decides to not question it and they just walk home.

ఌ ~ ఌ

When they get home Damona gives the bag of food and the thread to her mom.

"Thank you sweetie!" Her mom says as she puts it down on the kitchen counter. "Now go upstairs and take a shower. I have laid out a dress for you."

The girl nods and goes upstairs and takes a shower. After getting out and trying to dry her hair as much as possible with a towel she goes into her room and sees the dress laid out on her bed.