Part IV | Opening Ceremony

Playlist- (The Lucky One - by Taylor Swift)

Damona is going up with the elevator with her stylist next to her who just noticed her bracelet that the girls brother gave her

"Oh that's a pretty bracelet! It suits you." The woman says as the elevator door opens.

"Thanks." Damona answers and walks alongside her Stylist past the other tributes over to the chariot next to which Finnick, Adrian and his stylist is standing.

As she walks towards them she is looking around at the other Tributes.

When Damona's eyes met Finnick's through the crowd, his face grew pale.

The girl walks up to Finnick and Adrian.

Finnick walks past her and pulling Beatrice aside.

"What the hell is she wearing?" He asks the woman angrily.

"A dress. And she looks beautiful. My best work yet." The woman answers a bit confused why Finnick is reacting that way.

"Well if she survives, you've damned her." Finnick says as he then turns toward the tributes.

Meanwhile Damona and Adrian were chatting about their outfits looking so similar. His being a Suit looking really similar to her dress and his hair with some kind of product to keep it "wet" looking.

"You look.. good.." Adrian says not sure how to compliment her without it being weird.

"Thanks, you do too." Damona answers. The two continue to converse and look around to see what the other tributes look like in person.

A guy that really popped out was a tall Brunette from district 7. *face claim at the end* and of course the Careers. Well to be fair they always somewhat shine. They're most of the time the loudest and the most confident.

Soon enough Finnick and the stylist walk up to the two and speaks up.

"Go on you two. Get on the chariot. Remember to smile, wave. Just, try to make them love you okay?" Finnick says and the two tributes nod as they step onto the chariot.

The horses start pulling the chariots one district after another, starting with district one.

When they come out the capitol citizens start screaming from joy and throwing flowers at the tributes.

The girl was about to wave to the people just like everyone else but almost looses her balance because of the moving forward of the chariot.

Adrian places his hand behind her back to stabilise her. The girl smiles at him for a second and turns to wave at the people as he keeps his hand behind her back.

When they reach the end they stop in front of President Snow, who starts with some speech about the games. A very long, boring speech.

Half of it the girl didn't even listen to. She just looked over at some of the tributes before returning her attention back to the President.

After he finishes his speech the chariots are lead back to the headquarters of the tributes where Finnick, Caesillia and the stylists are waiting.

As the Chariot stops all she can hear is Caesillia saying how beautiful they were up there and how good they did. It wasn't bad to hear since their lives depended on sponsors but it wasn't that important to her in that moment.

After Finnick finished talking with the district 7 mentor. A woman with black hair, he walked back over to the two tributes and started to lead them to their "floor".

The three of them stepped into the Elevator and Finnick pressed the button 4 to go up to their floor that corresponds to their district.

After maybe a half a minute they arrive at their floor and it's huge. What looks like the living room and kitchen is bigger than most of the houses back in district 4.

"You two can go change into something more comfortable before coming to dinner. It will be in like one and a half hours. No stress of course." Finnick speaks as he grabs a piece of bread from one of the Avoxes that they are holding out.

And so they do what Finnick said after he showed them to their rooms.

                             ఌ    ~      ఌ

The girl lays out a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie to put on after taking a shower.

After taking off the dress the girl steps into the shower, which has what looked like a hundred buttons. At the first moment it was scorching hot but after a minute of regulating the settings she finally got it right.

Damona took some of the face soap she sees in her hands and starts rubbing her face with it to get all of the glitter her stylist sprayed on her off.

After taking an amazing shower and washing her hair and applying something called conditioner to her hair the girl stepped out of the shower and tied a towel around her body and one in her hair.

On the sink there are face creams, body creams and so on. Damona decides to apply a little bit of the face cream to her face and her face immediately feels a bit softer.

After experimenting with some of the stuff the girl exits the bathroom and sees that the dress she took off from the parade was gone.

The Avoxes must have brought it back to Beatrice.

Damona puts on the clothes she had laid out before and dries her hair with the towel a little bit before exiting her room and entering the living room.

She sees Adrian and Finnick there, watching the previous year's hunger games. At the end the guy from district 7 won. Pliny Arausio.

The girl joined the two in watching the games as Finnick talked about strategy.

"The most important thing is that you two will need Allies. And they are definitely not going to be the Careers, you understand why?" Finnick speaks.

"Because all they care about is winning?" Damona answers, not sure if what she said is right.

"Exactly. They will kill their own friends just so they would win. But it's all that they know. Also don't take the tributes that are from.. the outer districts. Simply because they just often don't get as many sponsors and that isn't going to help you. I would try and see tomorrow whether or not the Tributes from 3, 6, 7 and 9 are any good." Both of the kids nod as Finnick continues.

"Another thing, so since the next three days are for training use that. There are going to be individual sessions and ones where all of you 24 are training together. Use your time there wisely. Start with survival skills before grabbing your spear or sword. Start with stuff you don't know that well." Finnick continues.

"And while taking your breaks don't forget to keep an eye on the careers. Tell me what weapon they use and i will think of something to.. kinda scare them." After that Finnick finishes and turns on the 71st games. The mentor from district 7! Damona recognises her from the opening ceremony.

After all that they eat dinner and talk about the Training days.

Everyone goes to their own rooms after that. Damona puts on some pyjamas she finds and lays down on the bed.

After fiddling with her bracelet for a while she finally falls asleep.

_________________________________

Oh well, this took longer than i thought it would because i kinda forgot about my exams. Yayy. Heh.  I will try and write the next chapter as fast as i can.