Comfort (Melissa)

(Melissa Barrera x Fem!Reader)
Warnings: kissing, talks about hate (from comments online), cuddling?, writing mistakes?(probably), and basically that's it. Lots of fluff (so if you don't like that well just know that there's a lot of that) ALL FAKE
———————————————————-
Y/n has been worried about Melissa ever since she finished filming scream 5 for one reason and one reason alone. No it's not her acting, not at all Melissa is a really good actor, and no it's not because her character is bad because her character is really good, but because of the hate she's been getting for playing Sam carpenter the daughter of the first ghost face Billy Loomis. So in conclusion Y/n's been worried because of the hate she's getting I mean she didn't mean to see the things that have been written but I mean it's really hard not to see it. She has been making sure Melissa is okay but every time she asks her if she's okay she always says "I'm fine" or something along the lines of "you don't have to worry about me, I'm fine" and she'll add in a nickname. But sometimes after a long day she'll come home and Y/n could tell something's wrong like when she asks if she's okay she'll be a little hesitant and respond with "yea, im fine! I told you, you don't need to worry about me cariño" and Y/n doesn't believe it for a second but will respond with "ok, but you can tell me if your not ok, or not feeling good, okay." And Melissa will respond with a "okay" that doesn't sound that convincing but she lets it go. Until today when she found Melissa sitting on a chair at the table scrolling through her phone. Melissa was to preoccupied reading the post and all the negative comments that she didn't notice Y/n slowly walking up to her. Y/n heard a sigh and so she looks over Melissa's shoulder and saw a comment saying how it was a good thing that Melissa got fired, that Melissa's character Sam is a bad character, and that the franchise was way better without her. She knows that Melissa always tries to avoid the hate and doesn't let it get to her but Y/n also knows that with Melissa getting fired that everything has been getting to her. So she slowly reaches out and pats Melissa's shoulder, Melissa jolts from surprise as she wasn't suspecting Y/n to be behind her and quickly wipes her eyes. Y/n quickly apologizes for startling Melissa and noticed Melissa quickly wipe her eyes before turning to look at her and turn off her phone. Y/n looks Melissa in her eyes and tells her she saw what she was looking at and if she could show her. Melissa reluctantly hands Y/n her phone and Y/n grabs it and looks at what the post was originally about and sees that it's a post saying that their excited about Neve Campbell returning to reprise her role as Sidney Prescott in scream 7 and then she goes to the comments and sees that people are agreeing and going as far as saying that Melissa is being antisemitic. After Y/n finishes reading she hands Melissa back her phone and then wipes the tear that's threatening to fall from Melissa's eye and tells her "you should have told me this was bothering you, I would have helped you with whatever you needed and made sure you were okay." "I just...it doesn't bother me that Neve is returning, it just sometimes the hate gets to me. I know that there's lots of people that support me. But the hate is just- it's gets to me." "Baby..." Y/n says while wrapping her hands around Melissa to give her a hug that Melissa quickly reciprocated by wrapping her arms around Y/n's back. Melissa starts to let out little sniffles and Y/n pulls back a little so she could hold her face and tells Melissa "Mi amor if you ever don't feel good please tell me, okay?" (My love) "Okay" Melissa replied with small smile on her face. Y/n wipes Melissa's tears before planting a small peck on Melissa's lips before pulling her back into a hug. Melissa cuddles up to her and Y/n asks her "Amor, quieres recostarte en el sofá y ver una película?" (Love, do you want to lay down on the couch and watch a movie?)  "Si, amor gracias por todo" (yes, love thank you for everything)   "por que gracias, se que tu tambien me ayudarias si no me sintiera bien y también mereces sentirte mejor mi corazón" (why?, thank you i know you would help me too if i was not feeling well and you also deserve to feel better my heart/love)  "Te amo mucho" (I love you so much) "yo también" (me too) Y/n says before giving Melissa a kiss on her forehead and putting her forehead against Melissa's and giving her a peck on the lips. Y/n slowly pulls away from Melissa and tells her "could you put a movie on the tv while I get the snacks?" "Yea, what should I put?" "Whatever you want I don't mind" "okay" Melissa says with a smile walking towards the couch and picking up the remote and turning the tv on. Y/n gets popcorn, two waters, and a bag of Doritos for Melissa and a bag of hot Cheetos (you could imagine whatever chips) for herself. When she walks towards the couch she sees the movie Melissa picked (you could imagine any movie but while writing this I'm imagining despicable me) and laughed a little, Melissa looks at her and tries to suppress her smile and act clueless and says "what?" Y/n being sarcastic says "I love the movie you picked" "You're acting like you don't like it. But last time we watched it you were gushing about how much you love it." "Fine, fine, you got me there" Y/n says laughing. "Ok, you got everything because I'm gonna start the movie and I'm not going to pause it" Melissa says with the most serious face  she can muster. "Yea, I got everything" Y/n says with a smile on her face, Melissa lays down next to Y/n and puts her head on top of her shoulder. Y/n grabs a blanket next to her and puts it over them while Melissa turns on the tv, Y/n pulls Melissa closer to her so that her legs are interlaced with her own and they continue to watch the movie. A little more than halfway through the movie Melissa ends up falling asleep so Y/n continues to watch the movie. Once the movies over she turns off the tv and slowly takes the blanket off her and Melissa and slowly picks her up and starts walking towards their room, when she gets inside she places Melissa on the bed and puts the covers on her. After she's sure Melissa has fallen asleep she goes back to the living room and cleans up their snacks and water bottles and throws them away before putting the bowl in the sink. She slowly walks into their bedroom and slowly lifts up their covers and lays down. Melissa cuddles up to her and Y/n pulls Melissa closer to her and wraps her arms around her. Y/n falls asleep knowing that whenever Melissa feels sad she would always help her feel better.

Hey, I hope u liked this story and if you want a part two I could definitely write it. Also I take request so comment any ideas you have!

(Also the comments I got for this story are actually real I've seen people actually say stuff along the lines of "Melissa is a bad actor" "Melissa is antisemitic" "Sam was such a bad character" and basically lots of hate that she doesn't deserve at all)