1.10

short little chapter :)

   THE PAST FEW DAYS Eleanore has been really in her head. She felt like a teenager again with her silly little crush on the one guy who actually shows her attention. She could never act on it though, it was too soon.

   Her, Alyssa, and Aaliyah were all sitting in the tight living space together, talking Eleanore through this. This was definitely uncomfortable for the girl, having her two worlds collide like this all because of some weird feelings she was having.

   Eleanore and Alyssa were seated on opposite sides of the couch while Aaliyah sat in the chair on the right side of the couch, facing towards the big window overlooking the streets of Los Angeles.

   Alyssa could tell that her roommate was having a small and minor crisis when she got home from being at Smosh for a few hours. But then finding out she had been sick, she brushed it off and thought nothing of it.

   That was until Eleanore burst into her room the next morning complaining about feelings she didn't want to feel and felt like she shouldn't because of her past relationship. She was so scared that what happened in her past relationship would happen again, even though she knew Shayne too well.

   But there's also the small feeling in her that believes that Shayne would absolutely never reciprocate those same feelings that she had.

   The TV in the living room had spotify open, softly playing Noah Kahan in the background of their conversation. Alyssa had somehow gotten ahold of Aaliyah's number and texted her asking her to come over to their apartment since Eleanore seemed to be going through it.

   This wasn't how Eleanore always acted when catching feelings for someone. She actually used to be really bold and honest with it, but now the commitment with any sort of relationship is hard.

   Aaliyah adjusted in the chair, crossing one leg under herself to sit on. "So, I don't see the big issue. You just have a 'little crush'?" She started with air quotes. "On who?"

   Eleanore pressed her lips together, staring a little wide eyed at her friend. Aaliyah stared back with a confused expression before it dawned on her. She gasped loudly. "Shayne?!"

   "It's not that big of a deal, Lia." Eleanore fell back into the couch, trying to hide away to the best of her ability. Aaliyah had a huge smile on her face, almost a laugh. Alyssa and Mauve were just glancing between the two, before Alyssa spoke up.

   "With the way you acted when you came into my room this morning, it is a big deal." Alyssa chuckled. "I love this. This reminds me of when I was in high school and my friends were crushing on the guys."

   Aaliyah sits up in the chair, hands on each arm rest. "Me too! When Ella and I were on So Random, we had the biggest crush on Sterling even though he's like, six years older than us."

   Eleanore and Mauve glanced at each other while the two chatted about their days in high school. The brunette was hoping this conversation would go on long enough to where they forgot about her extremely small problem that shouldn't matter at all.

   She really had no idea why this was haunting her so much. Since the realization when she was at the Smosh office a few days, her mind has been able to focus on that and nothing else.

   "There was this one time in college my roommate came in sobbing because she told this guy she had feelings for him and he said they were better off as friends. She didn't leave the dorm for a week! Missed mid terms." Alyssa laughed.

   Aaliyah laughed with her, "Ok but to be fair, I almost did the same thing. Except it was during the process of me dropping college to focus on my career which... just ended with me working on Smosh, so.

   "But back to the actual issue here. Again, El, why are we here again?" Her friend asked, leaning back in the chair again and crossing her legs over the arm of the chair.

   She shrugged, not having a real answer. Her gaze made its way to her roommate who also just shrugged. "I don't know."

   Eleanore sighed and looked out at the still gloomy weather lingering over the city they all lived in. The sky was mostly gray, only peaks of blue and gold were shining through from the sun.

   It was the perfect way to describe her feelings in this moment, or even years ago. Eleanore was never scared to let a guy know how she was feeling. And if she got rejected, she would just brush it off and move on. Live her life however she wanted.

   She wishes that it was still like this now. So, she was going to take the initiative and not let it bother her. She's going to brush off these feelings and move on. Live the life she wants.

   "Well, if this is all, I'm going home. I have to feed my dog." She Aaliyah stands, sliding her shoes on. "But I love you, stop stressing out. Ok bye!" She grabs her keys and is out the front door like she owns the place.

   Alyssa laughs. "I love her."

   "Yeah, she's pretty great." Eleanore laughs with her.

THIS LOVE | shayne toppजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें