𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
moody luke !

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 moody luke !

"luke! get off your fucking ass!"

"leave me alone!"

"stop being so moody! god" jack exclaimed as he barged into his younger's brothers dark as shit room, the moment he did though, a strong sense of deja vu hit him. this was exactly like teenage luke. the room, the mess, the stench, even him laying motionless on the bed. jack had to try really fucking hard to not laugh.

"go hang out with nico or something" luke grumbled from under the covers.

jack frowned but walked closer to the bed, looking down at the slump that was his brother's body with a curious look "are you seriously gonna spend your whole day in bed?"

"yeah, maybe" luke shrugged as he curled more into his body. he finally had a day off after a couple of days of back-to-back games and he wanted to spend the day in bed wallowing in his self pity, in peace.

"come to the bar with us. hook up with someone" jack groaned, sitting at the foot of the bed and almost jumping out of his skin when he saw luke quickly emerge from the covers, looking at jack with the most offended and disgusted look.

"fuck you asshole, i'm not doing that" he hissed, pushing jack off the bed with his foot before falling back, now laying down without covering his head this time.

"good. that was a test" jack grinned nevertheless, standing up and sitting besides luke without a care in the world "come on moosey, it's depressing me seeing you so sad"

"then don't see me" luke grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest.

"god, it's like your fourteen again" the middle hughes sighed, looking at luke's body with a frown before speaking in a curious tone "am i gonna have to call quinn like before?"

"i want lexie" luke whined frustratedly, looking ahead as he kept his arms crossed. it was obvious he missed lexie, considering he said it almost every day without shame, but he was determined to give her what she needed, even if it meant not talking to her at all and be miserable every second of every day.

"that's funny" jack chuckled, amusement covering his face at his little brother's childish state.

"it's literally not" luke grumbled, growing more and more annoyed by the second. all he wanted was silence and jack was not shutting up.

"you're like a little kid begging for their stuffed toy" jack snickered, messing up luke's curls which luke responded by immediately pushing his hand away with a scowl.

"that's stupid"

"it's the truth" jack shrugged, glancing at the bedside table and seeing the tv remote, quickly snatching it and turning the device on.

luke, briefly being blinded by the tv's brightness, furrowed his brows and with annoyance dripping in his voice, complained "can you leave me alone?"

"not really. i'm just getting comfy" jack grinned as he kicked his shoes off and got himself comfortable.

"leave me alone" luke quite literally pleaded, burying himself under the covers.

"no, cause i'm a good brother so i won't let you be here to feel sorry for yourself" jack explained with sincerity, almost catching luke off guard "so, we'll see a movie and you'll tell me everything that's on your mind" jack smiled, briefly looking at his brother before continuing to read the description of a movie.

"since when did you get so attentive?" luke asked with a teasing grin, finally breaking out of his moody exterior.

"since i got a little brother"

"you're being nice, this is weird"

"just shut up and watch the movie"

━ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

luke hughes wasn't one to get sentimental.

if someone were to ask him who was the most emotional driven between him and his brothers, he would say it was jack. never him or quinn.

but that was yet another thing lexie had changed within him. he just wasn't sure if it was for the best.

lexie had changed a million things in him. from the way he dressed to the way he spoke to the way he felt things.

luke had never let people in. he had always been too afraid to be vulnerable with someone. funny thing was he wasn't even sure why he was that way, his parents were the perfect example of true love. he grew up watching them be soulmates, he had a good example of what a healthy relationship meant.

yet, he had never been able to imagine having that himself.

until she came along.

she came along and she changed everything for him. she made him feel. and that scared him shitless.

it scared him so bad he had managed to fuck things up with her. that was the main reason why he hadn't complained at all when she said she needed space. it at least meant she was willing to let him back into her life and he was thankful for that.

he was laying in bed on his side, staring intently into a strip of photos he had taken with lexie at a fair when they were still kids, years before it all got too complicated.

the smile on her face captivated him even then, if his sixteen year old awestruck expression was anything to go by. how she looked so carefree, both of them did, with no worries over their heads. no terrible rookie years, no sadness in their eyes, no complicated feelings. just them.

he longed for that back, he discovered. he longed for them to be just lexie and luke again but he was lying to himself.

he longed for them to be lexie and luke. to be able to be with each other all the time. to be each other's support system, to kiss each other as they had done so many times before. to fall asleep in the same bed and wake up with no regrets, just being happy in each other's arms.

he longed for that so bad he didn't even think twice before agreeing when jack invited him to toronto again. he knew it could end badly but even the small hope of seeing her from afar was enough for him.

he needed her in his life.

even if it would mean to be forever in the sidelines of her life.

𝗯𝘆 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗱𝟰𝟯𝗱
luke pov yay!!!