Chapter 5: Just Vibin'

Chapter 5: Just vibin'

I planned everything. I'm good at planning stuff – surprises, events, engagements, and more. I could list everything, but some things gotta stay under wraps. Well, I love mapping out my future; I even had plans with him, but our goals do not align. That's okay. Maybe, I'm just ahead of his game. Maybe that's why our relationship didn't last. Anyway, enough of that. No more talk about him – I can't promise, but I'll give it a shot. I stopped overplanning everything – especially what I can't control. I just let things flow. I let things be as they are. Well, it is what it is after all. And there's nothing I can do if things are meant to happen or not.

I got so caught up staring at my own reflection that I didn't notice Justin was already standing beside me.
"Appreciating your own beauty?" I startled when he spoke.
"Goooosh."
"What are you looking at?" He was cracking up when he said this.
"Just like you said – admiring my own beauty." I shot him a smile and strolled into the café. He tagged along, even held the door for me.

"Nice to see you smiling like that," he remarked.
"What?"
"I know you didn't notice, but we always end up in the elevator together. Every morning or afternoon, before and after work. And you always seem sad."
"How are you so talkative?" Well, that caught me off guard.
"Oh, don't give me that attitude."
"Oh, this is just me being me. Haven't hit 'the attitude' yet." He chuckled as I said that.

"What coffee do you like? I'll buy one for you," he said after spotting my seat. I hadn't noticed he was already at the counter.
"Oh, I was actually planning to buy one for you for giving me a ride," I replied. He glanced at the cashier, who also gave him a look after I said this.
"Oh, I won't say no to that," he chuckled. "First time a girl's buying me coffee."
"You just haven't met me yet."
"Yeah, what took you so long to cross my path?" He said this while heading to his table.
"Well, I was with a cheater. That's why," I said, also heading towards the cashier. He smirked. "What do you like? I'm into their Vanilla Iced Spanish Latte. Wanna try it?"
"Yeah, sure," he said.

"Two Vanilla iced Spanish lattes, please."
"Oh, I'm sorry, Ma'am. But it's not available yet. The barista who's the pro at making that isn't around, or he's probably on leave. Not too sure yet."
"Well, ain't that just my luck. I was craving it so bad. Anyway, how about Vietnamese black iced coffee? You got that?"
"Yes, Ma'am."

"Hey, do you want Vietnamese black iced coffee?" I asked Justin.
"Whatever floats your boat. Your taste in coffee's cool with me," he said.
"Okay. Two Vietnamese black iced coffees, then."

After ordering, I headed back to my seat. He's actually chilling at the table next to me, just scrolling on his phone.
"I thought you were trying to chill?"
"I am chilling," he says.
"You could do that at home while scrolling on your phone."
"I was actually texting someone important."
"Ohhhhh, a girlfriend."
"Ohhhh, a mother," he says, giggling. "Just telling my mom about you."
"Stooooop."
"Just kidding," he laughs.
"Is that how you flirt with girls?"
"Flirt? I'm way too busy for that."
"Okay, if you say so. So what are you busy with?"
"Well, running my own business."
"Oh, what's your business?"
"You're asking too many questions," he chuckles. "I'll tell you someday." And then the waiter brings our order to the table.

"For now, let's take a sip." He tastes the coffee. "It tastes so good when it's free." He laughs, and I do too. "Thanks for the coffee."
"Well, thanks for the ride and for helping me when I was moving into the condo."
"My pleasure."

I cut him off after that convo and just popped my AirPods in. I ain't here for small talk. I grabbed my book and started flipping pages. A few mins later, he slid me a note. No clue where he got it from.

"I didn't wanna interrupt your vibe with your AirPods so I wrote this down. Mind if I borrow a book?" He scribbled on the note. Finally, someone got the memo. Hate taking off my AirPods once I'm vibing to a song, and sometimes I use 'em to blend in so no one bugs me. Gets me annoyed when people keep chatting even with my AirPods or headphones on. Like, I'm just trying to chill and jam out; that's what these buds are for. Some people just don't get it.