Chapter 7: Alright, what happened?

Alright, what happened? How'd it happen? Why am I flipping this dude? Lol. And why's she about to slap me? Well...

Well, I packed some fancy threads for two weeks, okay, I know you won't buy that. Alright. I packed enough gear for at least a month, even though it's just gonna be a two-week solo getaway. Lol. Better to be ready than caught off guard, right? Who knows, there might be some fashion emergency? Lol. Rolled out of the condo super early. I even beat the sun up. Well, that's my jam. Full energy for travel but too lazy to rise and grind for work. Nobody knows where I'm headed; it's a solo trip I'm gonna savor. I just wanna disappear for a while. Like Selena Gomez sings, "This is my revival."

This is my first time solo traveling, and I'm someone who easily gets lost and sucks at directions. Google Maps is my ride-or-die for these two weeks. Well, since I still don't have my passport â€" okay, I'm already in my twenties, but passport? Nah. Hear me out. Okay, I'm lazy as hell. Hate paperwork. But what are the requirements anyway? Well, I'll deal with that after two weeks because today, we're living it up in Boracay. I know you can't see it, but when I said Boracay in my head, I threw on my sunglasses. Just picture me rocking that hot black bikini. Well, it didn't last long though. Had to throw on a see-through cover-up 'cause I was feeling self-conscious. I feel like a kindergartener who lost her Mommy at the beach. Are they checking me out 'cause I'm killing it in this black bikini or are they wondering if I need a chaperone? Well, screw whatever they're thinking. 'Cause I'm here to live.

Damn, I've got so much stuff in my closet, but forgot to prep for this eyesore. These lovebirds are hurting my eyes. I'll just crash out while sunbathing. I couldn't even sleep 'cause I'm too pumped to be here. Gonna soak up that sun; it's been ages since I got a good tan. But hey, don't crisp me up too much; that glutathione's pricey.

Let the summer vibes roll. Now playing: "Summer's Not Hot" by Selena freakin' Gomez. Summer ain't hot without me. Period.

"Hey," says the little girl next to me.
"Hi," I grinned at her.
"You're beautiful. Do you have a boyfriend?"
"Well, I don't."
"Oh, my daddy's got a girlfriend, but she's mean. Can you be my daddy's girlfriend?" I was shook, but where's your daddy? We might consider stealing someone's boyfriend today. Lol. Where did I even get that confidence? Lol, that's not cool.
"Oh, maybe your daddy's just really into her."
"Look, she keeps bugging daddy to take pictures," she said and pointed to her dad. Damn. Her dad is giving off Christian Grey vibes. Looks like I wanna call him daddy too. Her dad looks fine. I'll probably look like his oldest kid. Lol.
"How old is your daddy, honey?" I asked the girl. Well, I'm just curious.
"He turned 38 yesterday. His girlfriend is 26, but she looks older."
"Oh," I chuckled. "Don't sweat it. Maybe your daddy's happy with her, but if she's not treating you right, then go tell your daddy."
"But she keeps saying she'll take daddy away."
"Oh, she can't do that. You're your daddy's princess. He won't leave you for her."
"Are you sure?"
"A hundred percent."
"Okay, but you might wanna think about taking daddy away." I laughed when she said this.
"Oh, baby, your daddy looks good, but I'm not into dating, and he might not be into me either. Do you want some sunscreen?" I'm changing the subject 'cause she might really convince me to steal her dad.
"Sure."

I put some sunscreen on her and she also wears her sunglasses. We both positioned ourselves to sunbathe. We grinned at each other, and then yeah, we both knocked out. I lost track of time. I reckon I've been out for an hour. I looked around for the little girl, but she ain't there. But her daddy is.

"Looking for someone?" Her daddy said.
"Yeah, your daughter."
"My daughter?"
"Yeah, we were chatting earlier."
"Zoe?"
"I dunno her name."
"Daddy!!!" The little one yelled while bolting towards us.
"Oh, there she is." I said.
"Hey dad, you met her already? She's the girl I mentioned. Ain't she a pretty?"
"Oh." This little girl's a cutie, but things are getting awkward. I think I need to leave before his girlfriend shows up. Her daddy just chuckled at her and looked mighty confused.
"Oh, honey..." he said to his daughter, glancing at me with a smirk. "Sorry about that."
"What's your name again?" The little girl said. "But daddy, she's nice."
"Oh, honey." I said to the little one, trying to hold back my laughter. "She actually asked me to be your girlfriend earlier." I chuckled, and her dad joined in.
"Oh, my bad. She ain't a fan of my girlfriend."
"Yeah, she told me the same."
"But what's your name?" The little girl asked me again.
"Jesy." Yeah, still got my inpods on, jamming to Little Mix's track..." shout out to my ex. And Jesy's belting it out. Lol.
"Dalton." Her pops introduced himself. "Sorry about my kid."
"No worries. Kids, right? But hey, you gotta figure out why Zoe doesn't like your girlfriend. Just hear her out." I told him. "Anyway, gotta leave. Hey Zoe, nice meeting you. I gotta leave, honey. Catch you later."
"See ya, Jesy." I flashed them a smile and took off. Gotta leave before his girlfriend shows up. Ain't looking for any drama on this vacay. Just here to chill.