2

I stand by my mom as we walk towardsthe hall. My dad says his name to the guards standing at the door as we enter.

I suddenly felt nervous as I've never seen so many people here before. I seea few familiar faces but the ones I don't recognise are intimidating and you can sense the dominance from them.

We get assigned to our table and we sit down.

The day usually goes by with my dad introducing us to boring people. So, I expected nothing different today.

My dad introduced my mom and I to his boss, Mr and Mrs kim.

Mrs kim looked me up and down.

"Is she single?" She asks my mom.

This is another reason I don't like coming here. There's always ladies looking for proposals for their sons. I wouldn't mind an arranged marriage if their sons weren't such fuck boys.

"Yes." My mom replied.

"She's a pretty one." Mrs kim said and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

My mom started having a conversation with Mrs kim and I wasn't interested at all so I excused myself and went to the bathroom.

I found my way into the bathroom by asking a waiter. I was freshening up my makeup as I hear 2 women gossiping.

"I heard he's hot." one of them says in a very high pitched voice.

"OMG YOU HAVE NO CLUE." the other practically announces to the whole hall.

"Everyone calls him Mr jeon." one of the mentioned.

I left the bathroom as I really don't like girls  and boys who drool over guys. It makes them look desperate. I mean I haven't been in relationships and neither am I interested. Since it requires too much effort.

I start walking back and find my mom and dad speaking to a man, you could sense his dominance afar as my parents seemed nervous.

I was going to walk past them to my table, but I heard my dad's voice.

Great, I thought. Now he's gonna eye fuck me and shake my hand for too long. I wouldn't be shocked if he asked me over to his place already. I've experienced it all.

"Jimin come here and meet Mr Jeon."

I walked up to them with a fake smile."Mr Jeon, this is my son Jimin." My dad says.

Mr Jeon, I thought, the girls were talking about him. He was quite good looking but I could never imagine myself dying over him. I have too much self-respect for that.

Mr Jeon simply nods, and then excuses himself and walks away to speak to someone else.

He's probably the first guy that didn't look me up and down and give their ugly smirks. Maybe he's a good guy, or maybe he's stright.

An hour had passed simply meeting people. My mom continuously speaking about me finding a decent guy in this ball. I just ignored her.

I don't have anything against relationships but they require too much energy, which I don't have.

I wanted to leave and I realised my dad has been gone for a while so I went looking for him after letting my mom know.

I walked around and didn't find him in the big hall, so I asked a waiter and he said he went into a room in the hall. I thanked him and went looking.

I found the room and knocked, and noone answered so I opened the door, and realised it was an office. As I enter I seemy dad sitting on the couch with his head in hands. I walk up to him to him and kneel down.

"Dad is everything ok?" I ask him worried. He looks up at me with red eyes. It looks like he's been crying. It's the first time I've ever seen my dad cry or even be upset like this.

"Dad?" I asked even more worried now.Before he could reply a loud bang was heard and I turned to see the door get slammed open...