FIVE

Beyoncé's POV

Knocking on the door repeatedly, I grew increasingly frustrated during the ten-minute wait. Finally, I tried the door handle and to my surprise, it swung open. Stepping into the familiar house, I noticed nothing had changed since our last visit.

Making my way towards the kitchen, the emptiness and quietness greeted me. With no one in sight, I decided to head upstairs. As I ascended, our family pictures, including Blue's, remained untouched on the walls.

Reaching the master bedroom, I hesitated before knocking, then let myself in.

I knew it.

"Shawn!" I exclaimed.

He jolted awake, still groggy from sleep. The woman next to him stirred but didn't fully wake, though I couldn't care less.

"Bey, it's not what it looks like. I can explain," Shawn stammered.

"I'm not concerned about that," I replied calmly. "What I need from you are those signed divorce papers."

Surveying the messy room, strewn with clothes and empty liquor bottles, I continued, "You can do whatever makes you happy, Shawn. I'm happy where I am."

Leaving the room, I made my way to his office, where the divorce papers lay untouched on his desk. Grabbing a pen, I signed them before returning to the bedroom.

When I entered the room, the girl was already up, scrambling to get dressed. Her eyes widened as she saw me, but I simply offered a smile before turning to Shawn, who was halfway into his clothes.

"Just sign it, Shawn. If not, then I'll gladly take it to court. I'm tired of waiting, so just sign them," I urged.

"What about our family, Bey?" Shawn pleaded.

"What family?" I retorted. "Where was that family when you first cheated? See, I would have never been with Y/n if you had just been loyal. But nonetheless, thank you. I'm happy now," I said, handing over the pen and placing the divorce papers on the side table.

"Just right here will be fine," I instructed, pointing to the spot where his signature was needed.

"I love you, Beyoncé," Shawn confessed.

"I believe that," I acknowledged. "You just don't love me like you used to anymore, and that love ain't enough for me. I'm selfish, Shawn. I want more than that, and now I've got it - somewhere else."

He sighed, looking down at the papers before reluctantly signing them.

"This ain't the end of us, Bey," Shawn insisted.

"I can promise you it is," I asserted with a grin, picking up the papers and starting to walk out, but not before giving the woman who still stood there a glance.

"I wish you both a happy relationship, or whatever this is," I remarked before leaving.

Skipping down the stairs and out the door, I felt a sense of bliss wash over me. Maybe it was the adrenaline, but there was no sadness or anger from ending such a long marriage.

I mean, it was a marriage built on and of lies, so it didn't quite meet the expectations of marriage.

I couldn't wait to share this news with Y/n. I squealed in the car before driving off, my thoughts consumed by my kids and the man waiting for me at home.

......

"I'm home!" I announced as I entered the living area.

"That's my line!" Y/n teased.

I giggled before joining them on the couch where they were watching a movie.

"You said it yourself and to the world, I'm the man of the house," I teased Y/n.