NINE

Y/n's POV

"She's got some nerve, who does she think she is? No, let me answer that. She's a nobody, a trifling unfulfilled nobody who just wants to be seen. No one mentioned her Caucasian ass, but she got shit to say. Help me, Lord, I will ruin her," Bey vented, pacing around the room as she got dressed for the day.

Today was the release party for the album, and instead of being happy and excited, Bey was heated.

Emily, Ramzi's mother, had been popping up more often than Bey would like. It started with her commenting on Bey's post and then texting me, and no, it was not about Ramzi.

"You know what? I need to make a call," Bey stopped pacing, picking up her phone from the dresser.

"Please don't do anything crazy, Bey," I pleaded, feeling a sense of apprehension.

"Don't you worry, baby. I'm just handling some business," she assured me.

I sighed, flopping down on the bed as she dialed the number. When Bey was upset, there wasn't much I could do except let her cool down in her own way.

"That song we removed, I need you to add it back onto the album," she said into the phone, her tone firm.

"I know what I said, but I need to make things real clear for some people," she continued, her voice unwavering.

"Alright," she concluded, hanging up the phone and flashing me a familiar smile through the mirror.

"What do you say we start this celebration a little early?" Bey proposed, turning around to face me. She hadn't gotten dressed yet, the lace lingerie she chose to wear looked enticing, and I couldn't help but perk up at the suggestion.

"What do you have in mind?" I asked eagerly.

"When was the last time you hit it from the back? We need to make sure I still got form, my arc can't get rusty," she smirked, her eyes sparkling mischievously.

"Bet," I replied, unable to resist the invitation.

......

"Hol' on, I don't know this one," I furrowed my eyebrows as I glanced over at Bey.

We were listening to the album with the family, just a few minutes after its release.

"It was a last-minute addition," Bey explained casually, scrolling through her phone and refreshing her feed constantly. Her phone was on Do Not Disturb due to the chaos unfolding on the internet.

"Okay, you got bars, Bey Bey?" I teased, to be honest I knew she could pull off any genre so I shouldn't really be this surprised.

"Baby, I got everything everybody wished they had too," she smirked confidently, glancing up at me for a second.

"This has to be in my top three, but I don't want to replace what I already have," I admitted.

"You can just like the whole album," Bey suggested oh so casually.

"I do, but... damn, Beyoncé," I chuckled.

"Plain Jane spaghetti? No sauce? Really?" I remarked, those bars were definitely a jab at she who shall not be named.

"She started it," Bey shrugged nonchalantly.

"Who are we talking about?" Solange piped up, curious.

"The devils spawn," I snickered, it was a lil inside joke Sol and I had come up with years ago.

"Oh, she's still acting up?" Sol chuckled.

"Yeah, I muted her, but the devil still in her feelings," I explained quietly, glancing at Bey.