Chapter 1

Jocelyn's POV

My parents were giving me a stern look. They looked at me like I was a criminal that committed a felony. I didn't mean to break my neighbor's window. My aim was a bit off, when I hit the ball with my bat.

"You are grounded for two weeks!" My mom said.

"You're joking, right?" I scoffed.

"Does it look like I'm joking?" My mom said, with a dirty look.

"No, Ma'am," I said.

"That means no TV, and you can't have friends over!" My dad said. "Do not leave your room, till we call you down for dinner!" My parents both left my room, and closed my door. I just wanted to choke them so much. I'm 10 years old, and I just wanted to have some freedom like other kids my age.

I gazed at my pink walls, becoming bored by the instant. What's a 10 year old girl to do? I slowly but surely used my imagination to take me somewhere that I would enjoy. I closed my eyes, and by the time I opened them, I was in this fantasy realm. The sky was pure as driven snow. Up ahead was a big castle. I stared at it with awe.

With curiosity getting the best of me, I walked closer to the castle. I saw two guards by the entrance. They saw me coming. "Halt! Who goes there?"

"It is I, Jocelyn!" I replied nervously.

"Do you wish to enter Whetstone Castle?" One of the guards asked.

"Yes," I nodded.

"Enter as you may!" One of the guards opened the door, and I walked in on a big long red rug. This place was humongous! There were guards lined up on each side. My imagination really took me to a whole new realm.

I decided to see the king or queen.

A/N Hey guys! What do you think of this story so far? How will Jocelyn be treated here? Don't be a silent reader. Please show some love and support by voting, leaving feedback and sharing this story with others! Thanks guys! Love you all!! ❤️✨❤️✨