Chapter 4 Delsyx

Stopping roughly two miles outside of Levaris, Greeves, Kitz, and Quinn went ahead to scout the area. The city was surrounded by dense forest on each side except for the east side, which ran along a river. The forest surrounding the city's wall had been cut back roughly one hundred paces. With the snow falling heavily now, Greeves, Kitz, and Quinn could just barely make out the top of the city's walls from the forest's edge.

...

Outside the North side of the city. Ayla was standing amongst some trees, waiting. As Greeves, Kitz, and Quinn approached, she walked up to them.

"Ropes are in place on the west wall. I marked five trees on the west side that are evenly spaced from each other. If they jump from there, they should be able to get any of the watchmen on that side. The rope bundles are roughly in those areas too. The church has two entrances. One in the front and another in the back right." Ayla said.

Greeves nodded. "Kitz, when we get to the church, you'll be in charge of handling that second door. Choose someone and tell them to come with you. Don't let Delsyx escape."

Kitz nodded "Yes sir."

"Quinn, you'll stay with the lieutenant. She'll take care of you if things go south. Thank you to you and your father for all the work you've done to get us here. Lieutenant, if I don't make it out of this, my estate is to take care of any need Quinn has."

"Yes, sir," Ayla replied.

"Good. What about the number on Delsyx's personal guard?" Greeves asked.

"I couldn't get inside the church, and all the windows were broken out and logged shut with tree trunks, but from what I gather he's got nine to ten men who stick close to him. As for their classes, one is a class six and the rest are class five."

Greeves was silent. Ayla, Kitz, and Quinn waited for his reply.

"Alright...Kitz, start moving the men over to the forest outside the west wall. Find the trees Ayla marked." Greeves said.

Ayla turned to Quinn.

"Start heading towards the river. I'll be with you in a moment," she ordered.

Kitz and Quinn nodded and walked away. Greeves turned back to Ayla.

"Is there anything else?" He asked.

"No, that's all, but thank you. For everything Nick."

"Ayla...I hope we'll talk again soon."

"Me too." She replied. She turned and started walking east towards the river. Greeves turned and made his way over to Kitz.

...

Delsyx is in there. Nim thought. Memories of the last twenty-six months flooded his mind. He tightened his grip on the steel spear. It was already a miracle to have gotten this far. If they waited any longer, Delsyx might move somewhere else.

"Please let this end tonight," Nim whispered under his breath.

Everyone was ready. Each of the pairs stood next to one of the trees Ayla had marked. Kitz returned to Greeves. Greeves started to channel his luminescence, it was the signal to start the attack. Each of the pairs followed suit, channeling their own luminescence. Dazzling colors of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple began to engulf each of them. One person from each pair was launched into the air. Five from the group of eleven rocketed up and out of the forest, flying towards the city's wall at incredible speeds.

Up in the air, Nim split up his luminescence internally, enhancing his strength in his upper body and his sight. There! At the apex of his jump, he saw one of the watchmen and tensed up his body. Pulling the spear back, he targeted the watchman's torso. Now! He threw it forward as hard as he could. As it tore through the air with tremendous force, a vortex of snow followed in its path. It pierced clean through the watchman's torso, only stopping after slamming into the stone floor beneath him.