[ 024 ] on death's door.

HEARING DAMAGE
TEEN NOLA - CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR !

HEARING DAMAGETEEN NOLA - CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR !

HER BODY WAS RIFE with a fever. A constant stream of sweat exuded from every pore, gathering thickly upon her forehead and dampening her greased up hair. Though Nola was in and out of consciousness, the brief whispered conversations of the group still made its way to her ears. They spoke of how bad she was getting, how the fever had yet to break despite how long it had been. The phrase 'not gonna make it' left everyone's lips far too often for her liking.

She knew they were right though. Her body was betraying her. No amount of cold, wet rags pressed to her forehead by Shauna or thick blankets draped over her body to break the fever by Stevie was working.

Laura Lee went first. Her life taken by a fiery inferno followed by the total destruction of the plane she had attempted to fly out of there. Jackie followed soon after. Alive one night then dead the next as her body lay frozen, buried beneath the snow that had come as a total shock. And after all this time, she would be the next to go. She would perish here in these woods, her body stashed in the meat-shed alongside Jackie's until they could be properly buried.

Punishment, Lottie had called it. A lesson from the Wilderness as a result of her insolence. Nola supposed it could be true. She hadn't listened to the voice since Jackie's death. She refused to allow it to control her. If that happened again, who knew what would happen? Who would die next?

            She had been buried under her blanket, her head resting upon her dalmatian puppy teddy bear that she'd assumed was lost forever until Natalie and Travis had found it during a hunt, wrapped up tightly in the multiple layers of clothing they had all taken to wearing to stave off the icy cold, when the faint whispers from the groups designated hunters chatting with Lottie caught her attention.

Natalie, whose nose was now a constant shade of pink, rolled her eyes as she looked up at Travis. "It's not like this Wicca bullshit is doing us any good." She uttered tiredly.

            She was shit talking Lottie's blessings that were given to the pair before every hunt. It was clear as day that Natalie didn't care much for the Matthews girl's attempts to protect them. She found it useless and a serious waste of time. Those few minutes could be used to more carefully hunt and find them all food.

"Well, you keep coming back alive, don't you?" Lottie rhetorically asked of the blonde. She was right, they had been coming back alive. Whether that was thanks to Lottie's blessings or

When it looked as though the pair was ready to set off, Nola rose from her bed of blankets as quickly as her fever stricken body could handle. "Hold up." She softly called out, catching their attention. The two looked at her gravely, taking in her sickly pale skin. Nola then smiled weakly at the two as she reached to give them both a quick hug. "Be safe out there. Come back to us."