Chapter 13

I got to the office forcing out a smile to greet people on my way. I shooed off any thoughts related to Allen and got started with the files and the schedule. I almost got so caught up in my work that I forget he even existed.

Just then, I heard footsteps getting closer to the office while I was arranging my files. I immediately knew who it was. I swore that if he starts talking nonsense apart from work, I'll make sure to pierce him with a dagger deep into his body.

He barged into the office like a damn predator. I just gave him a darkened stare as he walked in. I kept my mouth shut not wanting to start an argument right now.

Ignoring his stupid face, I continued with my work. When I was finished with his schedule, I placed it on his desk, not wanting to read it to him.

"And, you still have the guts to come back as my assistant?" he asked staring at the computer which annoyed me more.

I ignored his question and turned to walk away, even though I knew it would anger him. Why should I even bother respond to some guy who won't even look at the person he is talking to.

"I'm asking you something" he said angrily

I ignored what he said and started walking towards my desk, making him know that yes I did ignore him​.

He then stood up from his chair and rushed to get caught of me. Grabbing my arms, he pulled me making me face him.

"So now you've got the guts to ignore me?" he said with a sharp tone

I still decide to ignore his words. His grip tightens but I show him no signs of being hurt. By my actions, he sarts getting more frustrated, he holds my arms tighter enough to leave marks.

The pain started getting unbearable at the point that I could feel the anger and pain together inside of me. I darted my eyes at him and pulled him closer with the other hand. I knew exactly what to do to let him loose his grip.

I brought my face closer to him, close enough that our nose were almost touching. I could hear his heartbeat as it got louder. It was enough to say that he still has feelings for me.

I felt that he still didn't let the grip go.

"Let. Me. Go." I said my face close enough to hear his breath

"I won't"

"let me go or else..."

"Or. Else. What" he said almost letting out a smirk

"You know you're hurting me" I say with the same darting eyes

"I know that. And you think I care?" he talks back this time with a smirk on his face

This makes my anger get out of its cage and with no time I slam my lips on his. It got so intense that I could feel his hands slowly loosing his grip on me and moving on to my waist. He still loves me. it's the rage of revenge that is blinding him. If only I could do something to get rid of it. I need to start being like him to deal with his rage.

As soon as his hands loosened the grip, I pushed him away breaking off the kiss.

"See you did eventually leave my hand" I said with a smirk on my face.

I knew this angered him but I did not care at all.

He then tried to hold my arms again but this time I got hold of his throat.

He looked startled at my sudden boldness. I could see it as his eyes widened.

"Don't you ever try hurting me again understood. I'm not a toy that you will keep me however you like understood. I'm a bloody human, so stop treating me like you own me" I say gritting my teeth and staring at him with deadly eyes not leaving my grip on his neck.

"I will and I don't care if you like it or not" My hand around his throat gets even tighter by his words. His veins on his forehead were now popping out, as his face was getting red.

"Say it! You will not hurt me ever again!" I said making sure he heard every single word I said.

When he didn't respond, my hands got much tighter around his throat, that he would choke and die in any minute. I feel proud at my mother for forcing me to take boxing and Tae-kwon-do classes. I remember how we used to argue a lot because I just didn't like going to those classes. The teachers were strict and I would come back home everyday with body pain.

"I...w..on't hurt you" I let go off my grip around his neck, not wanting to kill him right now as it would be no fun in doing that.

I then walk away letting him deal with his breathing.

Perched onto my desk, I start preparing a resignation letter. I can't deal with him when he's like this both at work and home. I needed a break from him.

After I was done with my resignation letter, I put it on his desk, packed my stuff in a box and left the company immediately. Though there were stares from my former mates, I didn't bother and just walked past them. I had only informed the people whom I had made friends with in my previous department. What made me feel relived was that Allen didn't question me when I did that. I was tired of him and wanted my time. I can't bear him any longer.

Once I was out, I found a spot at a nearby garden. Sensing that I needed peace, I perched and let the cool, breeze calm me.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.