28

Ester's eyes flutter open, and she's face to face with Miku. She sees the girl's frown, about to ask why it's there, when she notices her lift up her hand and go to touch her. She instinctively flinches away, putting her hands up to shield her face.

She's... been hurt, badly, before. There's no other reason why she would have done what she did. It had to have been Karol; who else could it possibly be? Miku gently takes hold of both of the girl's wrists, speaking calmly.

"Oh, I'm sorry... I didn't mean to scare you." Miku lets out a breath before continuing, her eyes roaming over the other girl's face.

"Karol gave you that scar, didn't she?" Ester tries to shake her head no, but Miku's next words stop her in her tracks. Who would have thought someone so tiny could sound so... intimidating.

"Don't you lie to me..." the girl's onyx eyes bore into hers, almost challenging her to try and deny it again. She sighs, giving up the fight as her hands drop to her sides, Miku still holding onto them. Her head bobs up and down, a yes.

Miku lets go of Ester's wrists and slowly brings her hand up towards her face again. The girl shies away a bit but doesn't back away or cover up. Instead, her warm, chocolate brown eyes blink closed.

_______________

Not a second later she feels the lightest touch go from her brow bone down to her cheek, and then a soft hand resting there. "You were pretty before I noticed the scar, Essie."

"Now, you're beautiful. Strong." Miku runs her thumb along Ester's bottom lip. The butterflies in my stomach are going insane at this point, fluttering around madly. This girl already has me wrapped around her finger, trapped.

Then she feels something that she never even dreamed about before. A pair of lips softly land on hers. To say that the butterflies are crazy at this point would be an understatement; they're frantic now.

She puts one hand on the back of the younger's head, the other on the girl's waist. A content sigh escapes from her mouth, causing Miku to giggle and then deepen the kiss.

Ester gently pulls the other girl closer, her body feeling like electricity is coursing through her veins, tingling from every touch of Miku's hands. If this is a dream, please. Don't wake me up.

_______________

As the two girls walk hand in hand, heading towards Jake's home, Ester can't help but to feel nervous. What if they don't believe me? I wouldn't blame them. I have done some horrible things, just for the sake of being considered popular. If I could take back everything bad that I've ever done to Genevieve, every horrible name I've called her, I would in a heartbeat.

Miku picks up on the emotions immediately and lightly squeezes her hand, smiling at the older before speaking.

"Don't worry, Essie. If you just explain the situation, Jacob, Shinji, Genie, and Damien will one hundred percent understand." Miku stops and brings her hand up to Ester's face, stroking her cheek and placing a kiss on her nose, causing the girl's face to flush a deep burgundy.

Ester looks at the younger, her chocolate brown eyes scanning the raven-haired girl's doll like face, before they drop to the ground. She's just so perfect, it's hard to look at her for too long. It's like she shines so bright, like an angel. My angel. She sighs a little and mumbles out some words. "I don't know if I can..."

Teary eyed now, she swallows down the lump forming in her throat and continues. "I haven't even told my parents, not like they would even care, but still..." Miku takes her finger and puts it under Ester's chin, causing the older to glance up at her.

Tears start to fall from her eyes as she hears the words coming from the one girl that she never thought in her life she would be with. The one that I've wanted ever since I saw her, heard her. I still can't believe she kissed me, that she's holding my hand and walking with me.

"Even if there is no one else that cares for you, just know that I do. As long as the stars shine, as long as the sun rises, I'll care." Miku gently wipes away the tears from Ester's face, placing a kiss on the girl's forehead before they start to walk again. I'll protect you, be there for you. Even if nobody else will, I will. For as long as you'll let me, Essie.

_______________

They walk in silence for a few minutes more before Miku stops in front of the door, reaching her hand up to knock on it but never getting the chance to as it quickly swings open.

The red-eyed face of her twin stares back at her, tears running down his cheeks, as he pulls her and Ester into the house and brings Miku into a tight hug, sobs wracking through his small frame.

"I was so worried, Mimi. It's already almost midnight, I was scared that you got taken by a creep or something." Shinji lets go of his twin and wipes his nose with the sleeve of the oversized hoodie he was wearing, starting to calm down as his sobs started to become hiccups instead.

He then notices Ester, her eyes on the ground and her head down, shoulders shaking a bit from quiet sobs of her own, her and Miku still holding hands. He tilts his head and then looks at his sister.

He's about to speak when he feels a familiar touch on his waist and two voices speaking almost simultaneously, one quiet and soft, the other almost like a growl.

"What the heck is she doing here?"