Chapter 9

Gautami disconnected the call and tears started coming out of her eyes. The thought of getting ready for the event in time faded somewhere from her mind and the insecure and frightening thought of by chance losing her parents in her absence was eating her up from her within.

Without thinking of anything else, she dialed Abhyudaya's number with her shaking hands, hoping and praying for him to pick up the call. Her hope came to be true when he received her call, making her feel a sense of peace.

Abhi: Hello Gautami, kya baat hai? Tum thik toh ho naa?

Gautami could not control her pain anymore hearing Abhyudaya's voice and cried her heart out, not being able to bottle it up within herself, not more.

Abhyudaya could not say anything, being surprised after hearing Gautami cry suddenly, not knowing the exact reason behind and cut the call after hearing her weep for sometime in the midst of the call.

Abhyudaya's Pov

(Gautami ko sudden kya hogaya? Jo bhi wajah ho, mujhe uske paas jaana chahiye. Call pe sunke lag raha tha ki usse kisi ki zaroorat hai aur main usse aise akela bilkul nahi chor sakta. Jaake dekhta hoon kya baat hai.)

Abhyudaya comes out of his room and knocks at Gautami's door. She hears the knock from inside and comes to open the door wiping her tears. On opening the door without saying anything, Gautami hugged Abhyudaya and started crying once again.

He did not say anything either and reciprocated the hug, rubbing her back and caressing her hair to comfort her with his warm embrace. Gautami's cries receded after sometime and Abhyudaya gently took her up in his arms in bridal style and made her sit on the bed with Gautami's eyes fixated looking at him. After placing her on her bed, he went to fetch a glass of water for the latter and came back to her with that glass, handing it over to her.

Abhyudaya sat beside Gautami and held her hands gently, making her face him with concern visible in his eyes which she noticed and smiled a little at.

Abhi: Kya hua Gautami? Mujhe batao.

Gautami: Mujhe bohot darr lag raha hai Abhyudaya.

Abhi: Kis baat se? Event attend karne se?

Gautami: Nahi Abhyudaya. Uski toh mujhe aadat hi hai. Actually, baat yeh hai ke mujhe thodi der pehle Mumbai ke 24/7 Wellness Centre se call aaya tha.

Abhi: Accha, I see. Kya kaha unhone?

Gautami (her eyes get moist): Poori baat toh nahi batayi par mujhe jaldi wahan pohochna ko kaha. Mummy aur Baba dono ko kuch hogaya hai😥😢😭

Abhi (wipes her tears): Shhh!! Mat ro Gautami. Tumhe pata hai naa main tumhe rote hue nahi dekh sakta. Tum zyada tension mat lo, aai aur baba thik hojayenge. Unhe kuch concerning nahi hua hai.

Gautami (in a broken tone): Iski kya guarantee hai Abhyudaya?

Abhi: Accha suno. Hum chahke bhi Mumbai waapas nahi jaa sakte aur hum waqt pe pohochenge bhi nahi. Main ek kaam karta hoon, Mithilesh aur Urmila ko call kardeta hoon aur unhe aai-baba ka dhyaan rakhne ko kehta hoon thode waqt ke liye hi along with important updates from time to time. Aaj ki meeting mein hum zyada der nahi rahenge, bas base jaanlenge aur India ke liye nikal padenge. Main flight book karke rakhunga aur Pranav se bhi iss baare mein baat karlunga.

Gautami does not say anything and hugs Abhyudaya tightly, catching him off-guard. He hugs her back tightly, resting his head on her shoulder.

Gautami (gets emotional): Tu itna understanding kaise hai Abhi? Tu mera waakai mein saccha yaar hai. Agar tu nahi hota mere saath, toh pata nahi mera kya hota? Main kaise yeh sab manage karti. Thank you Abhi🥺🤍