•|one

|sarah|

Darkness

Darkness. A friend of mine. 

It sweeps through the crowd and tightens its grip on me until I can't breathe. Darkness is suffocating, to say the least, yet it is also one of the few things I have. 

That is what I keep on telling myself. Instead of cowering away from it, I embraced it and made it a part of me.

So when it is snatched from above my head and a bright light fills the theatre, I let out a shaky breath while my grip tightens around my violin bow. 

Forcing my eyes open, I ignore how the light hurts my eyes and instead focus on the applause and cheers ringing through the crowd and a hint of a smile appears on my lips.

I did well, I told myself as I stood up from the stool with my violin and bowed gracefully in front of the crowd just like the other band members of Prague Orchestra — one of the most famous Orchestra bands in the world. 

Though that did not relax me knowing I had to keep up the name. I had to be good at the one thing closer to me. 

From the corner of my eyes, I caught Daniel's face, one of the producers of this show. The smile on his face said everything without saying everything. For him, the Prague Orchestra had loaded his pockets and I felt pride coarse through me. 

I, Sarah Pablo, thrived on success. 

Suddenly, I felt the familiar feeling wash over me and my smile disappeared. 

The feeling was strange yet familiar. The feeling of being watched. Of being haunted as if there was someone out there who followed me everywhere. 

I had been feeling it for the past weeks like someone was there behind me, lurking in the dark to attack me.

While this isn't the first time I have had this feeling, it is the most constant one I ever had. 

The curtains drew close before I could make out the gaze but it wasn't like I was going to find the person. Or maybe it was all in my head. 

Sighing, I make my way to the dressing room and immediately pull out my phone. I had got a few messages from my Instagram followers but none from Marreese — the one I had been more looking forward for.

The last message was three weeks back and here had left me on read. While he always tells me that he is there for me, I am the one always reaching out for my brother. 

Probably because he is the only family I ever had, I am always looking out for him or else just like him, I would have cut ties already.