21

Alessandra Capello
We're unannounced, standing in front of Rio's parents' house, my mind is right here with me but my heart is somewhere else.

It's stuck with my little sister who's at home, our home, mine and Rio's, it's already a decision I'm very grateful for, yet, here we are, doing me another favor.

One I don't think I can thank him enough for, his father has connections to a lot of people who will make it easier to hire my sister a bodyguard, to protect her from her own father, ironic I know.

But her living with us 24/7 isn't exactly possible, and it's not an option she'd want at all, I know her enough to realize that, so hiring a bodyguard is the only solution left.

And we're here for that.

Rio knocks again. His jaw already tenses, giving away his irritation, "I can feel a disaster coming." He mutters under his breath, my eyes widen slightly, "God forbid that happens." I retort.

He grabs his keys from his pockets and opens the door moments later, he steps inside and I follow him, it's quiet, huge, and dark, even though we're in the morning.

He frowns as he looks around and interlocks his hand with mine, my heart thumps harsher at the gesture, even when we don't exchange words, my heart tightens in my chest.

He continues walking along the house, I try to ignore the extremely stunning furniture and decor, but I'm mesmerized, I now know where Rio got his exquisite taste from.

It's still quiet. But so suddenly, I hear some noises, We follow it and my jaw unhinges when I take in the sight in front of me. We've strolled through the kitchen, I hope we never did.

But that's far from the point, "Close your eyes, it'll be gone." I assure Rio, who already has his eyes closed as he works his jaw, his father turns to us, grabbing his shirt that's on the floor.

"Maybe when you find the door fucking locked, you leave." He offers dryly, as though he doesn't have a single embarrassed cell in his body, as though we didn't just walk on them having sex.

In the kitchen, on the counter "Oh my god, Romero." His mother buries her head in her hands, too embarrassed, I turn to Rio and try to erase the sudden rising laughter up my throat.

He scratches the back of his neck, avoiding eye contact with both his parents, "I'm waiting in the living room." He announces and abandons all of us, disappearing.

I tighten my lips in a line and avoid looking at Romero's body, my cheeks heat up, and I smile awkwardly, leaving without a word, "I told you the kitchen wasn't the right place!" Her voice reaches me.

And unfortunately, so does his response, "It's not like I'm the one who started this, sweetheart." he says in a tone that's softened, or more specifically, humanly, the way Rio talks to me I realize.

Other than that, it's blank, robotic even, it makes my body relax even through this chaos, I reach Rio who's sitting on the couch, legs stretched, and eyes ahead.

"It happens you know." I start, he smiles, so suddenly and abruptly it takes my breath away, "Happens, my ass." He rolls his eyes, "Just erase the image from your mind, distractions." I emphasize.

Raising my eyebrows. He stares at me intensely, in a way that sends shivers cascading down my skin yet makes my whole body swirl with sudden hotness, "You're an enough distraction for this, darling." He reaches out and tucks a strand of my hair behind my ears.

My lips part ever so slightly, the first time he ever did this was yesterday, and it still surprises me, "I'm a distraction?" I ask, my voice breathy, his eyes darken with something I can't indicate.