I Love Her

Previously on The Best Part of Me: I fall asleep feeling safe, secure, and most importantly, more loved than I've ever felt

Lucy POV:

I wake up to Mattheo's loud snore. I rub my eyes so they can fully open up. I turn to look at Mattheo. He's so cute when he sleeps. Wait, why am I thinking this? Did I fall for a Riddle? I couldn't possibly like a Riddle. Could I?

Just then all my thoughts go away when Mattheo begins to stir.

"Good morning love." He says in his deep morning voice and smiles before rubbing his eyes to wake himself.

"Good morning." I say in return.

"How did you sleep?" He asks. If only he knew that was the best night of sleep I've had in a while.

"Well, I guess." I say jokingly. His smile gets a little bigger. I start to get up to go back to my dorm to get ready when Mattheo gently pulls me back down.

"Where do you think you're going so early?" He asks giving me a dramatic sad face.

"I have to get to the couch before Pansy wakes up or we're all going to know what living hell looks like." I say. He scoffs and rolls his eyes.

"Why does she have to be such a bitchy asshole?" He complains.

"I don't know? Why'd you even date her? No offense, but you guys have nothing in common." He pauses to think.

"Doesn't matter now. She's the past, you're my future. As long as I have you I don't focus on the past." I smile a little bit. He just called me his future. His.

"Well darling, I have four things to say to that. For starters, that is very sweet. Next, I really must get going before anyone gets the wrong impression. Third, pick me up at my dorm at 8:00 sharp. Lastly" I give him a kiss on the cheek dangerously close to his lips. His cheeks turn a bright cherry red.

"See you in class darling." I call before heading to my dorm.

Mattheo's POV:

Before heading off to her dorm she kisses me on my cheek. There was nothing wrong with the kiss, well, one thing. It's was so close to my lips it should've been there.

If only she knew the effect she had on me. I could feel my cheeks turning red, I could feel them heat up. I was blushing. That was something only she could do to me.

Sure, Pansy acted all lovey dovey to me, but Lucy. Just seeing her smile gets the butterflies in my stomach fluttering everywhere. And I had a date with that very same girl, tonight.

I begin getting ready for classes, thinking about her every second. I put on my suit, then my tie, and fix my slightly messy curly hair. I grab my bag and wand.

"Perfect." I say to the mirror as I head to the great hall for breakfast.

Lucy's POV:

I get to my dorm and enter seeing it empty. I close the door and begin grabbing my outfit for the day. I grab one of my oversized hoodies and a black pair of leggings. Screw the dress code, I want to be comfy.

Once I'm dressed I fix my hair, only running a brush through it and calling it good.

"Eh." I say to the mirror as I grab my bag and wand, and go to breakfast. On my way to breakfast, I can hear my stomach rumble from hunger.

I get to the table and, of course, the only seat left is next to Mattheo. What a coincidence.

"Good morning everyone." I say sitting down and shoveling food onto my plate and straight into my mouth.

"Good morning." Everyone says staring at me like I'm weird.

"What?" I say once I swallow my food.

"Nothing." Everyone says turning away and I go back to my food. Once I'm done I realize why everyone was staring at me.

Mattheo had his hand around my hip slowly pulling me closer to him, making me unaware that I was right up next to him.

"Mattheo!" I whisper shout.

"Yes darling?" He responds like nothing is happening.

"Really?" I say pointing to his hand.

"Oh c'mon don't act like you don't like it princess." He says smirking. I blush a little.

"Not. The. Time." I say through a clenched jaw. He removes his hand and continues with the conversation he was having with Blaise. I get up and head to class.

Mattheo's POV:

I realize Lucy got up while me and Theo were talking and I watched her walk out, completely ignoring Theo.

"Yo! Dude! Earth to Mattheo!" He called. I only snapped back when he waved his hand in front of me.

"Dude, you must really like her? If only I stood a chance." He leans back in his seat, forgetting that there was nothing to support him and falls back. I begin laughing and that's when Ginny came over and helped him up.

"I swear you always get hurt when I'm not around." She gently scolds, dusting off Blaise.

"Uh- sorry darling, guess Ill always need you here, y'know to keep me out of trouble." I see Ginny's cheeks turn red before she walks off saying nothing.

"Forget about my love life, what was that?" I ask.

"Nothing, we're just friends." He snaps back quick.

"Just like you and Lucy." He smiles at me. He did not just go there. If only he knew how much I wanted to take her into a church and marry her every second, of every minute, of every hour, of every day that I'm with her. What we have could be something special. But I don't want to risk it. We have a date tonight, I'll start there.

I get up to go to class.

I sit in the seat right next to Lucy. Because we have the same classes, I could do this all day if I wanted to. Admiring her every detail until I have them memorized. Why? Because I love her. There I said it. But when will I have the courage to say it to her? Hopefully soon.

Okkkayyy chicos! How did you like it? I hope you enjoyed it! This was just a filler chapter because I feel like we were moving a bit quicker than I anticipated, but I'm also trying to hurry it along so we get to the good stuff. Anyways, as always, don't forget to vote for new chapters, comment any comments you have about anything, and follow if you like stories like this! Love you all byeeee!