Chapter one

It was a bright sunny day in oceanside california.

I had just got down from my 24 hour flight from india to cali.
It was beautiful.
I just couldn't stop staring at the beautiful view.

I got a taxi from the airport to my new apartment which i chose with my dad last month.
It was cheap but it was a oceanfront house with just enough space for me to live comfortably.
I got down from the taxi and thanked the driver.

While i was getting my luggage down from the taxi i heard a loud scream.

"I can't believe you used me for such a stupid thing Luke! Go to hell! I HATE YOU!"
It was beautiful women with brown curly hair and brown caramel skin.

She was screaming at a guy whom I couldn't see as i was standing downstairs and he was upstairs.

The woman was screaming and running down the stairs with her bag, suddenly she stopped and looked at me.
"Are you moving here?"
"Yes" i said nervously.
"Be careful with that sick son of a bitch he will use you as well" she said.

I gulped nervously and nodded my heard frantically.
Her face softened a little and she pinched my cheeks and awed "awww you're adorable!! LUKE YOU STAY AWAY FROM HER OR ELSE ILL UNALIVE YOU!"
I giggled a little and thanked her.
Then she left.

*Little did i know that this woman would end up becoming my soul sister and be my maid of honour at my wedding approximately 12 years later.*

I unloaded my luggage and started walking upstairs towards my apartment slowly.
After a lot of efforts i finally made it upstairs.

That was the first time i saw him.

Shirtless. With abs so defined that you could wash clothes on them. Honey brown skin.
His eyes seemed to be a mesmerising shade of green with little brown specks in them.
He had a big tattoo on his left arm.
it covered his whole arm and his left bicep as well. 
He was absolutely drop dead gorgeous.
The most handsome man i had ever seen.

If you would have told 18 year old me that you are going to marry that guy when you're  30 years old. I would have laughed at your face and probably would've cursed you out of making such a stupid joke.

I guess i was staring for too long.
He smiled a little and said "i guess i would need to get used to your stares as we are going to be neighbours now?"
I could feel my heartbeat growing faster after i heard his voice. It was like honey. So deep yet so comforting.
He had a slight dominant tone to his voice yet somehow it made me feel protected.

I said "huh? Shit sorry I didn't realise i was staring.!"
He let out a hearty laugh.
"Lemme help you with that.." he said.
I agreed without any argument since my bag was really heavy...

He helped me get my bags to my front door and pointed to the door next to mine.
"This is where i live. That girl who screamed at you was my sister. I kind off tricked her into coming to my house and cook for me at 6am".

I laughed. "Thats just pure evil!".
He gave me a beautiful smile.

I still remember that smile made my heart melt.

"I need to get to work now. I guess i will see you around.....?"

I realised he was asking for my name.
"Tania" i said.
He repeated. "Tania. Beautiful name for a beautiful woman"

I looked at him with a mixture of blush and anticipation.
He looked at me with a confused expression..
"Your name?" I said.
"Oh- shoot did i not tell you my name?
Im sorry. Im luke morrow."
"Luke." I repeated.

He looked into my eyes for 10 seconds and left after giving me a assuring smile.

That day was the start of a wonderful journey.
A story i never imagined could happen in real life.
But it did.
It was the story of us.