Chapter Seven

"Oh! Can we go look at the penguins?" I eagerly pointed to the Arctic exhibit entrance.

Sukuna nodded with a gentle grin, "Of course."

Today was a lot colder than the past days. Suguru helped me put together my outfit for the day. I really wanted to wear a cute sun dress but he protested. Eventually, we had come to a compromise, I wore a matching cardigan over the top of it to cover my shoulders and arms more. He even helped me put my hair up and do some light makeup.

We slipped into the themed building. Sukuna held the door for me and I thanked him politely.

It might just be me, but he looks extra handsome today. He's got a white button-up shirt with the top few buttons undone. A nice leather jacket with a little bit of wear and tear to it really complimented his shoulders. A black pair of jeans went with the leather jacket and really brought the outfit together. His hair had the smallest bit of gel in it, slicking it back. It was simple, but damn was he hot.

"Woah little chonky boy!" I giddily pointed at a particularly big penguin. I looked at the sign, "Macaroni? Like the pasta?"

Sukuna hummed, "I doubt the bird actually tastes like pasta. Wanna find out?"

I looked up at him and giggled, "Sure, I'll distract the keepers, you snatch the penguin?"

"Sounds like a plan to me," He smiled and I melted. My stomach churned from the flutter of the butterflies swarming in my gut. His scarlet eyes pierced into mine, and I felt like I was sinking into a pit of rose petals.

A child started screaming and crying, causing the moment to fade away.

Sukuna's grin disappeared and he grimaced, "It's like free birth control." I couldn't help but snicker at his words as the two of us looked over at the child. He was complaining about the cold and the smell.

There had been warning signs by the doors but I guess he didn't care. The mother was trying to get him to quiet down but with no luck.

"Come on," Sukuna began walking, "The polar bear is around the corner."

"Oh! A polar bear!" I hurried after him and we stepped through the dark cavern-like tunnel. The squawking and crying faded out and the light dimmed. It was chilly in here, and there was a slight breeze from the ventilation.

There was a decent crowd in the polar bear room. The thick glass was smudged with children's fingerprints as people all tried to look over each other at the bear.

I pouted a little as I couldn't see through the crowd.

Sukuna didn't seem to have much of a problem, as he was watching the fluffy creature just fine over the shoulders of the people. I didn't want to be a bother, so just bit my tongue and fidgeted with my fingers, waiting patiently. The loud chatter of the people made it a little difficult to hear.

Sukuna glanced down at me, then back to the crowd. He moved over to a tall gentleman and tapped his shoulder. He said something to the man but I couldn't hear it. The man glanced at me and nodded, before stepping away from the window.

I lit up as Sukuna waved me over. There was a slight skip in my step as I hurried over to him. He gently placed his hand on my shoulder and shuffled me to stand in front of him. I gasped as the massive bear sauntered towards the pool of water that was up against the glass. The water level was just barely over my head.

Sukuna's hand remained on my shoulder as he stood right behind me. I felt his body heat radiating onto me.

The bear slipped into the pool, causing the water to splash and push against the glass. I watched in awe as the bear's white fur moved in a memorizing fashion. The beast swam closer and closer to the glass.