Chapter Eight

The car ride was quiet and uncomfortable. I thought about texting Satoru or Suguru to pick me up, but I would hate to make them drive out here. Plus I'm sure I wouldn't hear the end of it about the incident in the bar. I hope Toji doesn't tell anyone.

Once he parked we continued the silent journey up the elevator and into his apartment. The lights were off so I didn't get a very good look, but I could tell it was big and clean. The only light on was a lamp on a side table in the living room.

What do these men do that gets them this kind of money?

I felt gross still. I hated being touched like that.

I wrapped my arms around myself and awkwardly stood in his living room. He turned to look at me, glancing over my nervous stature.

"Bathrooms there if you want to shower," He pointed to the first door down a hallway. I nodded as he turned his back to me, "You're sleeping on the couch."

A shower sounded nice right now. I moved my gaze over to the door and then back to Toji. He went through a small archway and turned on a light. The dull white color washed over the walls and floor of the apartment. I couldn't really see into the room but from the sliver I could see, it looked like the kitchen.

I let out a heavy breath before moving over to the bathroom. It was equally as clean as the rest of the place, from what I've seen.

I quickly noticed there were two collections of items on either side of the sink. Each side had its own toothbrush and whatnot. I guess I shouldn't be surprised if someone else lives here, it's a big apartment. I wonder who it is though.

I pushed the thoughts aside and turned to lock the door before getting into the shower.

I didn't take long in there. I didn't want to rack up their water bill or anything. I just wanted to feel clean again.

Once I was done with the short shower I dried myself off and put my clothes back on. When I came back into the living room the light in the kitchen was off, and the apartment seemed eerily dark again.

However, there were now a few blankets folded on the edge of the couch as well as a pillow.

A sense of relief washed over me. Partly for the blankets so I won't freeze tonight, but also because I realized Toji isn't nearly as mean as I perceived him to be. He just has an awkward way of being nice.

I made myself comfy on the couch and reached up to shut the lamp off. Darkness engulfed me, and it didn't take me long to fall asleep.

~

Warm light washed over my closed eyes, urging me to open them. I groggily started moving. Stretching a bit as I sat up.

I rubbed my eyes before opening them.

I screamed.

Yuji was in front of me, again.

"Ah! Sorry! Bad habit!" He stumbled back, trying to give me some distance.

I groaned and ran my hands over my face, "Wha- what are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here? What are YOU doing here?" He chuckled a little with a goofy grin.

Toji's voice snapped through the air, "Who the hell just screamed?"

Yuji stood up straight, "Sorry, I scared her."

I looked over my shoulder to see Toji standing in the doorway to the kitchen, he glanced at me and then at Yuji, "Dumbass why the hell did you do that?"

He put his hands up defensively, "I saw she was waking up and I wanted to ask why she's here. Sorry Fushiguro sir." My tired mind was still confused as to why Yuji is here.