World Shattering Explanations

I apologize for the extremely late update, my laptop ended up breaking and then my wi-fi went out for a bit preventing me from writing anything.
Not really a good excuse, but hopefully this chapter is of quality for you guys!

Speaking : "Words are made up things"

Thoughts : ' Don't confuse me with flashbacks'

Narrator: Unpaid as always

Last Edited: February 23rd, 2024

(AS ALWAYS, the original version is on ff.net)

If you asked Raynare how her day was going after she killed the boosted gear user, she would have told you it was going fine, until practically every single supernatural in Kuoh heard the reawakening of said boosted gear user. Yeah, it wasn't going so well now.

"Raynare, what are we going to do now?" questioned Mittlet wondering about her leader's current plan.

"How did you mess up killing a puny human of all things?" mockingly asked Kalawarna.

"Raynare-", Mittlet never finished her question as Raynare interrupted her. "SHUT UP DAMMIT, LET ME THINK!" roared the frustrated fallen.

The brat surviving wasn't the issue, what was is the fact that the brat was the newly awakened Sekiryuutei. "Of all the sacred gears, he had to have been born with a longinus, the boosted gear to be exact?!"

Yelling out in frustration wasn't something that the other fallen had seen Raynare do often, compared to her usual calm and sadistic demeanor that they grew used to. This however, was the exact opposite. She was quick to spite and lashed out at anyone that dared interrupt her in her current state.

She gnashed at her teeth in irritation, almost breaking her jaw from the way she clenched it so tightly. 'It doesn't make any sense, how on earth did the brat ever survive? I put a hole through him for fuck's sake! The only way for him to have healed from a wound like that is only possible...."

"..if he was reincarnated!" The sudden revelation made the most logical sense in a situation like this in her mind after all. The boy was only a human and was far too weak and worthless to bargain with a dragon of all things.

A devil however? Devils made deals for a living, add that onto the fact that they were in devil territory and they also probably sensed the relatively unknown sacred gear that the boy had until now, it was the most logical scenario.

"What do the devils have to do with this?" questioned being the only male of the group. Giving Dohnaseek a fierce sideways glance she continued, "The devils obviously must have showed up after I killed the brat and reincarnated him into a devil."

Dohnaseek grunted in acknowledgment, "I suppose that may be a solid reason, but are you sure?"

"It's the only outcome that makes sense, after all-"

"Hah, I bet you just don't want to accept the fact that you couldn't kill him fully" sneered Kalawarna. "You were too weak to kill him weren't you? Hmph, Lord Azazel should have just made me leader and then we would have seen much better progress than what you've managed to scrounge up."

Raynare clicked her tongue, Kalawarna always thought that she was better than her and for the life of her she couldn't understand why that is.

"Maybe you should remember who Lord Azazel did make the leader of this mission. Maybe you should consider the fact that you should realize your standings in this group."

Kalawarna felt a cold sweat start forming as she continued to berate Raynare, "And what exactly is my standing in our group?"

"Your standing in my group is beneath me and Lord Azazel didn't choose me just because of my experience in the field. It was also because of my power, something you lack."