SIX

"Shuji, you're late

"Shuji, you're late." Mei complained as she crossed her arms. Earlier today, the two had agreed to meet outside of her building for a smoke at 6:00.

"Oh come on, It's 6:06. Only six minutes, yeah?" Hanma tilted his head to the side.

"Hm!" She huffed, taking a seat on the curb in front of her apartment block.

"How have you been?" Hanma asked her, taking a seat right next to her.

"You know," She spoke softly, turning her head towards him, "The usual."

"The 'usual' changes every day.." Hanma grumbled looking down on her.

"Hey, it doesn't"

"Sure," He said sarcastically, receiving an elbow in the stomach in return.

"How have you been?" She returned.

"Bored to be honest.." He sighed, "I just finished a meeting with Bonten."

"Oh?" Her mind went straight to a certain charming lavender-haired male.

"Mhm, speaking of which" He turned to her and smirked teasingly, "since when do you know Haitani Ran?"

"Who?" She asked, not familiar with the name.

"You know," He tried to explain, "tall, purple eyes and hair, less handsome version of me?"

"That's his name!?" She exclaimed, putting two and two together.

"Well I would think so, he's got quite the eye for you too" He laughed.

"I still haven't asked for his name," She explained, "he comes in for coffee every now and then.. Sometimes he brings these other two hotties."

"Hotties?"

"Two mullet guys. One pink and one purple" She joked.

"Ohhhh, Sanzu and Rindou, Rindou is-" before he could finish, Mei cut him off.

"Sanzu!? As in Haruchiyo!?" She gasped.

"Yup"

"I knew I fucking recognised him from somewhere"

"Well the scars and those creepy ass eyes give it away," Hanma side-eyed her.

"I haven't seen him since- what?" She tried to recall, index finger tapping her chin.

"Let's not dwell on the past" Hanma quickly said, not wanting to have to deal with Mei in another manic episode.

"You're right," She giggled, Leaning down to her purse to pull out a pack of Marlboro Golds.

"Want one?" She asked him, pulling one onto the corner of her lips.

"Nah I'm okay," He said as he pulled out his own pack of American Spirit Blacks, "Those are too light for me."

"Yeah yeah" She rolled her eyes, putting a hand over her cancer stick to light the end of it.

"Can I borrow your lighter? I seem to have left mine in the car." He gestured towards it.

The two continued talking, mainly about random topics until the sky went dark. That was until Hanma heard the sound of a familiar Rolls-Royce Cullinan, approaching the two.

Turning his head to the matte black vehicle, he managed to get a glimpse of the person in the driver's seat through the heavily tinted windows.

Smirking at the car, he sent a wink to his business partner.

Noticing his sudden shift in attention, Mei questioned him, "What are you looking at?"

"Seems like you've got a stalker on your hands," He smirked, nodding his head towards the car driving away.

"Stalker!?" She shouted.

"If I'm not wrong, which I'm not, that was Haitani's car,"

"You're joking"

"Wish I was to be honest," He shrugged.

"So you're telling me that one of the hottest guys I've ever met is stalking me!?"

"Believe it or not," He mumbled sarcastically.

"I don't know if I should be happy or scared at this rate," she admitted.

"Hmm"

2 hours earlier

"Ran would know" Hanma grinned one last time before leaving.

Huh? He's going to meet Mei? Just how close are those two, seriously.

"I'm heading to the club, anyone wanna join?" Rindou asked the room.

"Yeah, got nothing better to do tonight anyways" Mochi stood up.

"I'll come too, it's been a while since I've been to the club" Sanzu also stood up, following the two out the room.

"Shut up, its been 3 days," Rindou murmured.

The three then left the room, leaving Ran and Kakucho alone.

"I thought you normally go with them?" Kakucho asked, confused.

Kaku never really enjoyed going to the club unless it was for a mission. Every night would go the same. Sanzu would get absolutely wasted on everything and end up going home with some big titty baddie. Rindou and Ran would do the same just without the wasted part.

Mochi, Kokonoi, Takeomi, and him mostly spent their time at the casino, though the other three would occasionally join the trio at the club too.

"I don't know really, just not in the mood recently" Ran shrugged.

It's true, he went from going to the club almost every other night to not going at all. One person really can have a big impact.

"Hm" Kakucho walked past him to exit the room which he followed. Hanma had said that he needed to meet up with Mei sometime soon, which must be around 6:00 p.m.

The two drove home, mainly talking about work. They barely had anything in common despite knowing each other for many years.

After arriving at the mansion the two parted ways. Ran fished into his pockets to unlock his Rolls-Royce Cullinan. He got into the matte black car, pulling his phone out his back pocket in the process.

He opened the surveillance cameras of where he last saw them hanging out, the outside of her apartment building.

Why are they so close? He thought to himself, watching as Mei was talking with her head leaned on Hanma's shoulder.

Starting his car, he drove down to the two. It was dark outside, the street lights were all that gave him access to seeing them. It was a 12 minute drive from the mansion to her apartment block.

11 minutes later and he was a few turns away. It wasn't that he was obsessed with her or anything. It's just that he wants to know more about her, without actually having to know her.

From afar he had spotted the two sitting on the very curb from the cameras. Approaching them, Hanma's head turned his way, studying the car he was in.

Ran honestly didn't give a fuck whether Hanma knew it was him or not, what was he gonna do anyway?

Staring into those golden orbs, Hanma sent a wink to Ran as he passed them.

Fucking bastard.

___________________________________

A/N - Hola 😋 i have so much homework it's acc insane i think im simply evaporating. hope you're enjoying the ficcc pls vote.