6

Today's the day, I'll tell Boruto that this deal is over since I already got what I wanted, but this isn't what I really wanted out of this.

I sighed and texted Boruto.

sarada 😡😡
hey, can we talk after school?

I'm probably gonna get Deja vu again from doing this, instead it'll be the end. Not of our friendship of course but this whole scheme plan for him to get Sumire back.

I hope he doesn't ditch me for her, who can a best friend be if he ditches the person that's been there for him even when nobody else was? It's hard to think about which he probably would.

Sumire is a nice person, I'm her friend and help her of many occasions, but she has what I want, and that's Boruto, but at least they're happy.

I sacrificed mine for theirs. I don't think I'll be energetic and usually how I was,

"Sarada, you're back? You haven't been in school for a few days is everything alright? You normally have fine attendance but you've been out for a week."

"Sorry, I was just sick and didn't feel good. I feel a bit better now actually, don't worry about me at all okay?" That's a lie, I surely needed a lot of help.

I walked over and sat down next to Sumire, yes I have an assigned seat next to her. Nice but also not nice because I envy her even as my friend.

"Sarada, is everything going okay for you? If you ever need help you can talk to me. You've helped me a lot you know and I really wanna repay you for everything you did for me, so how can I help with anything?"

"I'm just fine, nothing's wrong at all Sumire. Don't worry about me really."

"If you say so, just be careful okay?" Sumire was really nice and I hated how I was kind of ruining the friendship with me and Boruto over her.

But things just have to be done.

The school bell rung and it was already time to leave school, I was second guessing this already and felt anxious since I was already kind of ruining our friendship, depends if he still wants to talk to me after this.

"Hey Sarada! What'd you wanna meet me here for?" He waved and smiled, "I just wanted to talk to you about something really important." I sighed.

"Yeah, like what?" He blinked, "I'm.. I mean you've already made up with Sumire right? I don't think you need me to be your fake girlfriend anymore so I was just wondering if it was you know."

"Oh! That's what I was gonna talk to you about actually but you texted me first so I didn't say anything yet, but yeah. Now it's your turn to find someone Sarada! I'm sure he'll be somewhere with you, anyways I have to meet with Sumire, bye!"

Guess I was just nervous for nothing, I really should've seen this coming.

"So? How did it go?" They waited for me outside. "He was actually planning on talking to me about it before I even thought if it, I'm guessing later they'll be a couple already on instagram."

"Ugh, Boruto is so oblivious."

"And he said that I should find someone out there, and that did also kind of hurt."

"Well, everything will be fine Sarada, you'll find someone out there even better than Boruto maybe! You just need to move on first which I know can take long."

"Yeah."

Once I got home, I almost went straight to crying and since I didn't want it to be obvious to my mom I decided to hold it back and listen to some music on my phone.

Then I got a instagram notification, I forgot to turn that off. I swiped past it until I realized it was from Boruto, maybe i wish i could unsee what I just saw, the post that broke my heart.

They're dating again, and all along I was never an option.